1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Double Carnosaur Semy Competitive List - FEEDBACK NEEDED

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Xlanax_lot, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Xlanax_lot Well-Known Member

I recently played a 1500 Seraphon list that was really fun to play and actually somewhat competitive if you play it right (Killed 2 stone horns by the second turn). Here it is in case you guys want to give it as shot:

[​IMG]

How I played it is as follows:

Skink Star-priests: each give the serpent staff ability to one of the carnosaurs, and cast starlight and mystic shield on the carnosaur that needs it the most.

Astrolith Bearer: This gives re-rolls to hit on the carnosaurs, this is huge because that means that most likely you will get +2 to hit on the bites, and it also makes casting the spells so much easier

Oldblood on Carnosaurs: Have one be your general and cast his command ability on the bite attack. This puts your attacks at 7 2+ 3+ rend -1 damage 3 (6 if you roll 6 to wound) with is really good. also by choosing reckless you most likely be able to charge where you want to charge. Also an important point is to make sure to use the sunbelt gauntlet to make casualties on the units you are not going to charge so that you can take advantage of the Bloodroar. there are very few things that can stay in the way of two carnosaurs buffed like this

Skinks Skirmishers: Use these as screens to protect your carnosaurs from unwanted charges and to guarantee you get the charges you want. they are also key for taking objectives

Ripperdactils: these are meant to eliminate the most immediate threats on the back of the enemy lines, like Stormfiends, Skyfires, and other shooty units that can cripple your army as well as mess with your enemy strategy

Let me know what you guys think about this list, and how you think can be improved

NOTE: if you want you can switch the other skink starpriest for one of the following:

Lore Master of Hoeth: Rerroll hits and wounds on one of your carnosaurs

Battle Mage Beasts: 6 damage on a 5+ instead of a 6+ and to wound roll of 2+

Skink Priest: Re-rroll saves on all of your carnosaurs

Ritual and Crowsfoot like this.
  2. Nefertem
    Temple Guard

Nefertem Well-Known Member

Was it OK to keep the astrolith near? The carno's move of 10 seems to make it difficult to stay in the bubble of the astrolith, as the latter one mustn't move to use its aura

Ritual likes this.
  3. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Xlanax_lot Well-Known Member

In the battle I fought the astrolith bearer worked well. It is all about movement.

What I did was that I deployed using the skinks as a barrier and the Astrolith as far forward as possible, since he had the first turn because he had more drops than I (2 stonehorns, 3 units of Ogors, 1 Unit of man Eaters and 1 grot shaman) he moved forward without wanting to engage with his stonehorns on the skinks because he knew he would then have to endure 1 posibly 2 turns of carnosaur attacks.

After that he vas already up a little bit less then half of the board, so I moved my skinks out of the way and charged the carnosaurs using reckless. Counting for the 10" bubble and the length go the carnosaur (thanks for the Tail) I was able to keep both of them in the bubble and engaged, than I got the double turn and it was over.

It is true that everything went right in that game, and that you will have to set up and consider movement very carefully to be able to use this army to the best advantage but I think it is possible:

The weakness of the army in my opinion is high volume shooting (Kunning Rock for example). I still it is not a very competitive army (maybe midway there)

Nefertem and Ritual like this.