1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Dracothion's tail and rippers

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Teheloqtec, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Teheloqtec
    Saurus

Teheloqtec Active Member

So I was thinking, if you set up a unit of ripperdactyls to appear at Kuoteq's command and bring it to the table in your first hero phase then technically you could place their bloat toad after they appear (since this happens DURING your first hero phase, not at the beginning of it) letting you deep strike with your rippers while also getting the toad bonus right where you want it (not quite like the pre-FAQ shadowstrike, but still not too shabby). Now this is pretty interesting given that you could also start the game with another unit of rippers already in play, placing their toad before bringing in the next wave of rippers along with their froggy.
    This will make our infamous glass cannons even more of a vital target, drawing fire away from your other big hitters, making it very difficult for your opponent to decide what to attack first, since letting the rippers live can cost him/her a whole unit whereas taking care of them might leave them wide open for a carno/stegadon/knights charge.
    Does this sound viable or is there something I'm not considering?

Aginor likes this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Hmmmm.... Yeah I think that could work.

3. Teheloqtec
    Saurus

Teheloqtec Active Member

On that train of thought, I came up with this list:

Teheloqtec - Allegiance: Seraphon
    Leaders
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240)- Warblade- Artefact : Blade of Realities
    Skink Priest (80)- Priestly Trappings
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (280)- Artefact : Coronal Shield
    Slann Starmaster (260)- General- Command Trait : Vast Intellect - Artefact : Incandescent Rectrices
    Units 3 x Ripperdactyl Riders (140)
    10 x Saurus Knights (200)-Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (100)-Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (100)-Lances
    3 x Ripperdactyl Riders (140)
    Behemoths Stegadon (240)
    Battalions
    Dracothion's Tail (60)
    Firelance Starhost (110)
    Total: 1950 / 2000
    Allies: 0 / 400 Leaders: 4/6 Battlelines: 3 (3+) Behemoths: 3/4 Artillery: 0/4 Wounds: 103

What do you think?

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I would probably run a Bastiladon instead of a Stegadon. Otherwise a nice list!