1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Dread Saurian not a monster?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by reAaron_Stoy(Thqwib), Apr 13, 2017.

1. reAaron_Stoy(Thqwib)
    Jungle Swarm

reAaron_Stoy(Thqwib) New Member

I was playing a game vs a friend. My dread saurian is in combat with his archaon and he attacks with his sword and gets 2 wound roles of 6. Archaon has an ability (don't remember the name of it) where if he directs all his sword attacks into a HERO or MONSTER and gets two or more wound roles of 6 then the target is slain instantly. So I thought my saurian was dead but I checked it's warscrole and it doesn't have the monster key word, which was shocking since its about as monster as you can get, so technically it shouldn't die to that ability. Is this a mistake on its warscrole or is it meant to not be a monster. It's not a hero either. It's keywords are ORDER, DAEMON, CELESTIAL SERAPHON, DREAD SAURIAN. We decided that in this instance it wouldn't die but from then on after it will be a monster. Wondering what are everyone else's thoughts on this.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Nope, it is not a monster. Doesn't have the keyword. I think thos was intended so that it could still get cover from terrain. It still counts as behemoth though.

3. reAaron_Stoy(Thqwib)
    Jungle Swarm

reAaron_Stoy(Thqwib) New Member

Awesome, thanks. That's great for me then. Poor archaon, it's such a bad match-up for him. 700 points of everchosen gets ripped to pieces so quickly.

4. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

:cyclops: The biggest monster model they make is not :wacky: a monster. o_O

Otzi'mandias and Bowser like this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Option A:
    That's because it's DREAD SAURIAN... to simply say "monster" is diminishing.
    You don't call King Kong a monkey. :p

Option B:
    They did a mistake.

Bowser and Aginor like this.