1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drim's Miniatures

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Drimon, Jun 8, 2015.

1. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

Your amassed forces look great!

Drimon likes this.
  2. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Impressive army, they are all looking great together! Glad you added the names for what everything is to, I will need to remember that trick.

Also that is an epic looking Ethereal! :vulcan:

Drimon likes this.
  3. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Time for an update of what's been happening :)

Got that WG Exclusive's Ethereal the other week. Very cool model but it was a mess to paint due to being resin, the gray/black got a bit tough to use so I tried something new and tested my purple paint which I haven't used before. Turned out pretty nice to be honest. Some parts of the model were really thin and easy to break.. https://wargameexclusive.com/shop/greater-good/greater-good-aether/

[​IMG]
    At the same time I got this model, "Tech Monk" from Kulkva Miniatures. (Totally not Zenyatta from Overwatch..) Pretty small model but good details, I love it. Was thinking of using it as a proxy for an Ethereal maybe. It was fun to paint and the bits were very well made! http://klukvaminiatures.com/

[​IMG]

And here are my setup for my Imperial Guard army. Some guardsmen are unfinished otherwise the rest is set and ready. One of my Chimeras I converted to a Salamander Scout Tank. While my second Chimera is a regular one with two towers I can swap between. Bolter or Multi-laser. Since the setting is on a mining world I wanted to give the men and tanks the theme with extra protection and support etc.All my Ogryns are carrying their large shields and I got a guardsmen squad that also carry blast shields. http://anvilindustry.co.uk/Assault-Shield?search=shield Might buy one of those mining trucks from the Genestealer cult to convert for these men.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lately, got my hands on a Hive Tyrant. My first Tyranid model, was unsure what color scheme to go with.. I didn't want to go with the standard red or white skin since my lizardmen are red and my white paint is a pain to paint with. So went with the purple I was so pleasant surprised with, turned out great! A good start on my Tyranid army.

[​IMG]

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

The brown and purple paint scheme looks cool, very Zerg.

5. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Really liking your work. That Ethereal looks awesome, a great general model to add to your force.

As always you output is impressive, so many imperial guardsmen!

Agreed, a friend of mine gave his tyrannids a similar color scheme. They look great as a group. I think the only think differently he did was color the "orange" carapace bits with a bronzed-metallic paint to give them extra shine.

Drimon likes this.
  6. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Nice painting work drim. What are you working on currently?

7. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Thanks! Must have missed your post among the others when the whole "like" thing was going on in the other thread :D

Right now I'm trying to expand my Tyranids army, sadly they do not show up on auction as much as most 40k armies so not much to win. Meanwhile I won a Tau commander atleast, it was built but unpainted. It came with magnetized weapons which was neat. Never tried to do that myself so glad I won that one. Used a banner as a talbard (?) to give it more of a commanding look. ​

[​IMG]

However on the Tyranid front so far I have my Hive Tyrant, a hormagaunts brood and a group of gargoyles which are a work in progress. I'm no fan of the weaponry of the Tyranids when it comes to ranged attack. So dont want my gargoyles to have their regular "bio-machine guns", will order some Talon bits next month. Think I mentioned before that I want my Tyranids to have a melee theme.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Finished up my Gue'vesa force, a mix of humans, former guardsmen and miners fighting for their homeworld and the Greater Good. I also got myself a Genestealer Patriarch, wasn't gonna get any Genestealers at first but I cant deny how much I love the Patriarch model. Might make up a little cult heh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Did you want something to add a bit more variety to your geuvesa? There's a kit out there that looks like humans in mining and other civilian clothes

https://www.maelstromsedge.com/medge/store.jsp?p=32

10. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Those humies look great!

Drimon likes this.
  11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Very nice work @Drimon . That's a good looking army!

Drimon likes this.
  12. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Those are some nice bits, especially the weapons but seem quite expensive. I've been looking into getting bits from necromunda but not just now.
    I am however gonna buy a couple of these as part of the Planetary Defense Force. Can't say no to trench coats haha :D

[​IMG]

13. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Puppetswar does nice work. You might want to look into the Anvil Industries regiments product

14. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Yeah that's where I got my legs and arms for my Gue'vesa :) They got good stuff indeed.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  15. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Got a bunch of spare legs and other bits to make more fire warriors but I lack torsos.. I have googled like a madman to fight bit-shops that they are all sold out. Managed to find one and bought all of theirs but they only have 6 in store. Need alot more!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Warden likes this.
  16. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Those trenchcoats look pretty sweet!

17. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Do you have a timetable you need these turned out by? If not PM me

18. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

No not really ^^

19. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Got myself some HDF terrain from TT Combat and Micro Art Studio. While Micro's terrain is more expensive their designs are quite sturdy since their builds are several layers. TT Combat is just one layer throughout their designs, they are much cheaper but still good. Both are very fun to put together. But no way in hell will I paint all this with a pencil.. Haha, might look into getting some spray paint in the future, my dad might have some laying around for his train hobby. But overall I like the terrain as it is for now.

[​IMG]

20. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

That is very impressive looking! How hard is it to assemble?