1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drim's Miniatures

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Drimon, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

I got told that the Slann I bought had already been bought... So I get to pick something else to replace it in my order. God damn it.. I was half-way through making my own Slann throne here. This was not part of the great plan!

[​IMG]

n810, Bowser and Warden like this.
  2. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

I ordered a box of Judicators the other week but I received a box of Liberators instead so I finished them up and used the swords options for them since I already have several with warhammers. Tho I will have to buy some Judicators later on, need some archers for the D&D that is. Had a left over cloak that were for a Dark Elf Lord which I ended up using for my Stormcast with greatsword. I also bought the Harbinger of Menoth from WarMachine which is also for my D&D, the model is great and I gave her sword and shield from the Stormcasts. I have no idea how they were meant to all fit on the little base that comes with the box so I did what I usually do and used a pringle lid for the base which turned out great in my opinion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crowsfoot, Warden and Bowser like this.
  3. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

The base does look good, I would´t have ever noticed it is a pringle´s can top!

4. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

My Saurus Oldblood is now ready and has joined my Lizardmen forces! My Slann is also ready bit couldn't get a good enough picture of it tonight, was hard to come up with a color scheme for it aswell but went with black with red marks after the poison dart frogs. And as for the sake of my D&D story he is covered with gold trinkets.

[​IMG]

Finished off some more terrain aswell, now some rocky fortifications for upcoming D&D sessions. Hoping to make more buildings later on, right now I only got few buildings I have bought but I wish to build a longhouse in some sense for in-doors scenarios.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for some upcoming models I will add to my general collection. I just ordered these lovely miniatures, one beast will serve as my version of the salamander in my lizardmen army as I'm not a real fan of the current model from GW. As for the elves I have been looking for elvish models with fur coats/robes for a while and finally found some, sadly the models are sold alone so getting a regiment or an whole army of those would be far too expensive. And lastly some good old northern barbarians, hoping to get more of those later on as I can't get enough of barbarian models.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

You could always sculpt the fur. Here's some videos that might save you some of that money, but not much time! Haha! Always a trade off.

Warden and Drimon like this.
  6. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Your scenery looks incredible! Looks like an amazing set up you have there! Old blood is looking good leading that red army!

Warden likes this.
  7. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Thank you! And cheers for the vids, never worked with greenstuff before as I never thought I would manage to sculpt anything good but that looks fairly straight forward. Does GW sell sculpt set as for the tools he use or is it general tools I can find elsewhere?

Warden likes this.
  8. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I don’t think GW sells those, but you can find them in most craft or hobby stores. They're general sculpting tools.

9. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

But you could always practice on cheap air dry clays too! Just remember to go a bit bigger with that, as it loses some size when it dries. But the bonus with makking mistakes with the cheap stuff, is it's cheap, and you could throw the too big or too small stuff in to your D&D scenery. Too big? Blanket on a matchbox bed in the tavern. Too small? Glue it to a wall for a window covering or throw it on the seat of a horse cart!

Drimon likes this.
  10. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

oh, who makes those northern barbarians???

Warden likes this.
  11. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

All those minis are from Red Box. Hope to get most of their models as they look great!

Warden, n810 and Bowser like this.
  12. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Love your scenery! That is a beautiful collection to play on! Also I like the look of those barbarians, thanks for the link!

Bowser and Drimon like this.
  13. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Real cool scenery, and pretty simple and dead cheap I bet!
    Also, where did you find that salamander? It looks real cool!

Bowser likes this.
  14. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Cheers! And the salamander is from the same as the others I linked, Red Box. :)

Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  15. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Finished off some more stuff for the upcoming D&D session. :) Still waiting for delivery of the minis I ordered. Hope they will arrive soon!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LizardWizard, Warden, Jorgik and 2 others like this.
  16. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

This is such a cool set up! You should post up the progress of he campaign as well!

Crowsfoot likes this.
  17. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Thanks and hah, not sure about that mainly due to my campaign not taking place in the Warhammer universe. Got a whole other world for my D&D which I can go on about in a wall of text if you'd like haha, I simply use warhammer miniatures among others for it. But, I might post some pictures from the sessions with captions if you wish.. :)

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  18. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Always love to see pics, and pics with captions, even better!

Crowsfoot likes this.
  19. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

We don't care what world your D&D is set in, post progress please.

Bowser likes this.
  20. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Very well you two.. I'm on it!

[​IMG]