1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drim's Miniatures

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Drimon, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Wow! That's an incredible back story! I really enjoyed that! You have built up a rich world there. The dragon goddess of death/undeath was my favourite. Perfect way to introduce necromancy /necromancers Liches into your world!

2. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Cheers! Glad you liked it and I keep adding bits to it as things go along. Still thinking how to add vampirism into the world, due to the lore been written the way it is vampires would be a very new thing which could be a fairly nice instead of the classic "old vampires" out of nowhere :)

Bowser likes this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Could you have one of the Nagadao spies come across a secret and lost race of Vampires that he persuades to join the Elven prince in his fight to reclaim his land, with promises of land and food (war captives).

Bowser likes this.
  4. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Did some brainstorming today and wrote this draft about vampirism. Might also be the backstory to the plot line for my necromancer player ^^

Deep inside the silverback mountains lies a hidden horror from the time of the human revolt. Something that has been stirring and waiting to come out for many decades to seek revenge. Entombed and left to the darkness within the mountain. The silverback mountain was the location of the largest elven temple, it housed roughly ten thousand elves who devoted themselves to the arcane arts and hoping to learn more about the ancient Jiperians.

During the human revolt they were raided but the temple defenses kept any intruders at bay with it’s powerful magic however the humans built siege equipment and destroyed the temple gates with a large rock slide from the mountain. The entrance got closed off which the elves did not foresee, they were then left to their own demise and became forgotten over time. The elves within the mountain tried to removed the large stones but they could not dig through nor was their magic powerful enough to get through what had become a solid bedrock. Thousands of scholars, apprentices and mages were trying to find ways out but without any success. As their food supplies were getting smaller the arch mage Neathna decided to prioritise the food towards the younger scholars and apprentices first. The elder mages were the ones set to find the way out for the younger generations but this went on for many years to the point where the food ran out.

Neathna grew impatient over the years and her mind began to play tricks on her in the dark. She was ready to give her life for the younger generation but the years in the dark caused that idea to fade and her ideas began to be filled with rage, hunger and survival. She did not want to die, it was her temple, her people, they should die to keep her alive she thought and so she began to take the young one by one and secretly drained them of their life with her powerful magic. The temple went deep into the mountain with many corridors and halls. People noticed that others started to get missing and was told they got lost in the dark halls. The truth however only came fourth when some of the mages found Neathna feeding on one of the missing people as her hunger had taken over. Draining people’s life out of them with magic was not enough, she had invoked something else which made her able to heal and stay healthy by drinking blood as it was the one thing she had plenty of in the entombed temple.

Some of the mages saw this as pure madness while few wished do the same. As they had not eaten for a long time either they were skinny and were quickly hooked after getting “blessed” by Neathna's new powers. Those who disagreed were killed directly and drained by those who followed the arch mage. A new era had begun within the temple and over time they started to live within the darkness. It became their home, getting out was a mere wishful thinking at that time as they rebuilt something new under the mountain. Feeding on the young and unlocking new powers from the dark cold atmosphere that surrounded them. Neathna believed she led the last of her people and sought to protect her so called children. And so they have survived and adapted to the dark halls of the entombed temple which they call home. As their blood stock is slowly diminishing Neathna has set her mind to one day open up a way to the outside world.

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  5. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Got the 50+ skinks I won the other week, some are missing some arms and it took me all day to find my bag of skinks bitz.. Managed to finish off some but others are still missing some arms. Will see how I sort that, might order some bitz once I get money.

Meanwhile I wanted to buy this for my D&D but the model is way bigger than all of my other miniatures. While the ones I have range between 28-40mm, this one with base 95mm, and without it's base 75mm. Which is far too big imo. Such a shame.. I might buy it in the future just to paint it and have it around.

[​IMG]

Also I have been trying to find ways or simple good looking models for my upcoming Elven Dynasty I will work on. I went back and forth if I was gonna use High Elves or Dark Elves miniatures together but nothing seemed to suit what I was aiming for. Found some Bushido miniatues I might get and convert them with some elves bitz I have lying around. But for the larger scale of things I went back to some models I have looked at for a long time from Wrath of Kings.. House Nasier has some really cool models that I want. They have the poses and the style I'm after.
    [​IMG]

And I found these banners from Puppets War which will fit in well I think.

[​IMG]

Bracnos, Jorgik, n810 and 2 others like this.
  6. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Those bushido warriors are so awesome. Too bad the she Wolf is too big. That is an incredibly cool sculpt.

Drimon likes this.
  7. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Ordered a box from Wrath of Kings so looking forward to work with them next week. Meanwhile I have been working on my skinks and the dark riders as well as my black dragon. Ran out of shields and used the classic warrior shields I have lying around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bracnos, Jorgik, Warden and 2 others like this.
  8. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Dragons new head looks great! (Is that the same dragon?) The red skinks look great and the black riders are awesome!

Drimon likes this.
  9. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Its the same dragon yeah ^^ And thanks!

Bowser likes this.
  10. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

17RkeqC.jpg
    These guys look awesome!!! If you get some please post pics!

Also nice horde of skinks you have there!

Bracnos and Bowser like this.
  11. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

12. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

tumblr_nj630skpfj1ts1s4fo1_500.gif

well done.

Bowser likes this.
  13. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

I've gotta say I'm really impressed with how quickly you make progress on this stuff! Amazing background as well, familiar enough to be easy to wrap my head around but different enough to be very interesting. I especially liked the origins of the Vampires and the Elves moving in to be roomies with the Dragons. Great stuff!

14. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Thank you, glad you like it! :D

15. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

I haven't posted in a while, haven't been an eventful summer on the tabletop front. The WoK models I got was perfect and I will buy more of them in the future however I suck at trying new color schemes. Went with green and black after seeing some Samurai color patterns, they look alright but my head tells me to go back to black and silver/white which I really dont want with these haha. So yeah torn between liking and disliking how they turned out. Will take a picture of them later on!

The D&D was on hold because the other guys have been busy during the summer as well as one of the minuatures I was waiting for never arrived. When I contacted the store and check I was allowed to pick something else for the price I had paid for so picked these.. Never hurt to have one more dwarf and the old guard will fit perfectly for the D&D.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I'm still working on terrain and such in the background when I have time. So got some more parts for my table but the latest thing I started working on are two ships, never done something like that but I'm giving it a shot. Main reason behind is that I keep hinting and mentioning the seas in my D&D so planning on having ships ready in case the players gets the idea of sailing the seas at some point. I like to be prepared haha. I also won these recently on auction, which I will use on some lizardmen priests/lords. Planning on buying the "Saurus Eternity Warden" model which would fit a skull filled base perfectly haha.

[​IMG]
    Lastly I've been writing down the world lore as well as fleshed it out a little more onto PDF files D&D style for my players. I've done it for enemies and NPC's aswell so it will be easy to look up since my players tend to bring their pads and of course their phones. Something I will keep on building over time.

[​IMG]

Warden, Bowser and Jorgik like this.
  16. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Looks promising! I want to see those bones used! And post pics of the terrain and boats when finished!! :D

Warden and Bowser like this.
  17. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I am definitely looking forward to seeing your ships! The pdf forms are amazingly convenient! And get that eternity warden up!

18. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I like the old-guard model, lots of character. Looks like he is about to start a dungeon crawl.

19. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Some quick pictures of what's been done and is being painted at the moment. Had some spare transparent bases so used them to make some floating/hovering rocks just in case there is a need for it in the campaign heh. Won some extra accessories some days ago aswell such as bottles, bags, tombstones and more which I love to mess about with. Took few spare bases that fit onto a wagon or a chariot and put some "goods" onto them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

The bags and bottles and bits are always great, small details can add so much!

Drimon likes this.