1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Dual battalion 2k list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by WizardinWinter, May 17, 2020.

1. WizardinWinter
    Skink

WizardinWinter Member

Hey y'all, looking at a dual battalion list when we can get back to gaming.
    My personal preference is cavalry, so I'm looking to take advantage of a hard castle up the center, to set my Cavs up for a proper flank.

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Order - Seraphon) [2,000pts] ++

+ Leader +

Skink Starpriest [120pts]: 2. Cloak of Feathers, 2. Hand of Glory

+ Battalion +

Firelance Temple-Host [870pts]
    . Saurus Knights: Celestite Warspear, Saurus Knight Alpha, 2x Stardrake Icon Bearer, 2x Wardrummer
    . . 2x 5 Saurus Knights: 2x Powerful Jaws, 2x Snapping Jaws
    . Saurus Knights: 5 Saurus Knights, Celestite Warspear, Saurus Knight Alpha, 2x Stardrake Icon Bearer, 2x Wardrummer
    . Saurus Knights: Celestite Warspear, Saurus Knight Alpha, 2x Stardrake Icon Bearer, 2x Wardrummer
    . . 2x 5 Saurus Knights: 2x Powerful Jaws, 2x Snapping Jaws
    . Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur: [The Thunder Lizard] Prime Warbeast, Celestite Warspear, Fusil of Conflagration, General

Thunderquake Temple-Host [1,010pts]
    . Bastiladon: Solar Engine
    . Bastiladon: Solar Engine
    . Engine of the Gods: 3. Sacred Stegadon Helm
    . Salamander Hunting Pack
    . . Hunting Pack
    . . . 3x Skink Handler: 3x Celestite Goad
    . . Hunting Pack
    . . . 3x Skink Handler: 3x Celestite Goad

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance
    . Allegiance: Seraphon
    . . Coalesced: The Thunder Lizard

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

++ Total: [2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

2. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

Its a cool idea to try and fit multiple battalions in.
    as it stands not many of the battalions are worth it apart from maybe the freelance temple host.
    The thunder quake temple host is next to useless for the points, especially for bastiladons. you don't want them in melee for the savage buff and don't really need the swift for run and shoot either. steggadons could get some use out of it but you'd have to free up the points.

Personally i would think a better option is just to take the bastiladons outside of a thunder quake and try to fit in a slann, without extra command points thunder lizard is wasted as you won't be able to shoot twice with the bastiladons.

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

If you don't insist on Knights, I'd look at Sunclaw templehost+Thunderquake. Carnosaur with -2 rend of jaws is so much fun. The main problem in your current list is the lack of consistent CP source, and both sarurus and monster-heavy builds are very CP hungry.

I have to disagree on this. First of all, 29" threat range is good, but not always enough. Run+shoot will apply even more pressure upon your opponent. Bastiladons are also great at tying enemey units, that you want to shut down. Finally, it is very helpful, when you suddenly need bastiladon in the other place. Secondly, there are Engine of Gods and Salamanders, both of which benifit greatly from both effects. I wouldn't call TQTH mandatory, but it is nowhere next to useless. Firelance, IMO, has way more disadvantages, because you have to keep all saurus near the scar-veteran to benifit from it. Also, it is only helpful until you get close. This ability would have way better utility in Starborne for 9" charges.

LizardWizard likes this.