1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duet roleplaying

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Canas, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Me and my girlfriend want to try doing a roleplaying duet as we're curious about rpg's & since it's just the two of us more than a duet is slightly impossible. Anyone have any suggestions for going about it?

2. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

There is no way unless you want a friend to be GM.

3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I've found stuff online saying it's possible. Certain games are intended for 2 players and no GM, for example the silver tower warhammer quest game would work if it was more focussed on the roleplay. Also according to the internets games with 1 GM and 1 player are doable, though they do require some getting used to as games are usually balanced around having a party of multiple players. But I've only just started looking into it so I'm not too sure how fun those actually are.

4. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

If I was going to do a RPG for two people, I'd probably have one be the GM and the other be the central character with the GM running a couple Non-Player Characters to fill out whatever else is needed. For example, if my player was running a rogue, I'd run an NPC fighter and cleric to back them up, but keep the focus of the story on the rogue.

Canas likes this.