1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emerging from the spawning pools

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by brainxigor, Dec 29, 2019.

1. brainxigor
    Chameleon Skink

brainxigor Well-Known Member

Hello fellow Lizards and Seraphon,

33 year old gamer and tabletop enthusiast from Germany here, in the hobby since 1998, started with 40k 3rd Ed. and Warhammer Fantasy 5th Ed.

After I got over myself and stopped pouting at GW for killing off WHFB, I decided to try out Age of Sigmar and was surprised to find a fairly fun game. With that the venture into my Pile of Shame began to see what was still usable.
    In one of the boxes, lo and behold, was a decently sized Lizardmen army (The Armydeal from 2002/2003? when they were released for 6th Ed.). Very few of them painted, some of them not even assembled and sadly missing a lot, no all of the big Dinos. But they do have one of my favorite Miniatures and that is, the grumpy old toad, a Slann!

I tried them in a bunch of smaller games with a few Proxis and they were really enjoyable gaming wise. I decided that now is the time to give them another go and convert them into an AoS force of good size and flexibility. Means I want to get more big dinos... I mean who doesnt right?

So I went around the Internet for a bit to get inspired for the painting process and of course for list building tips, which was never one of my strongest points in all things tabletop.
    Most of the time I was redirected here and after a bit of lurking I found the community to be quite friendly, helpful and inspiring so I decided to join up. Maybe start a painting log for my little Lizards to keep me motivated but most importantly focused on the task. (Oh the hobby butterfly, ever so beautiful, ever so distracting)

Anyway here I am, looking forward to share pictures of painted lizards, rumoring and talking about the lore while we wait for our frigging Battletome to be updated.

Scaly regards.

2. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome along!

Gr, Imrahil

3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria!
    I think you made a good decision. AoS may have had a clunky start, but it is quite fun to play now and the lore is growing quickly as well. :)

Scalenex and Imrahil like this.
  4. bOdziO Wolf
    Ripperdactil

bOdziO Wolf Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!

5. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

welcome to the jungle

6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

We look forward to seeing pictures of your emerging lizard collection.

Let us know if you have any specific questions about gameplay, fluff, painting or anything else.

7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Yeah, welcome!
    We will be more than happy to discuss and give advices for any AoS tactical issue :)

8. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Welcome! I wish you well in your quest on AOS (but would really, REALLY recommend getting some big dino's... You just feel complete once you have them)

DON'T GIVE UP ON WFB!!!! Keep a look out for The Old World!

(It's a bit like Peter Pan and the fairies... Everytime someone says they don't believe in fairies, one of them drops dead... Except in this case, somewhere a Saurus pops his clogs every time someone gives up on WFB ;))

Imrahil likes this.
  9. Chris Davies
    Skink

Chris Davies New Member

Welcome to the jungle!!

We got fun and games!!