1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Engine of the Gods

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by The Mouldy Crow, Apr 5, 2017.

1. The Mouldy Crow
    Skink

The Mouldy Crow New Member

Hi guys and gals

I am new to playing AOS and seraphon so apologies if this question has been asked!

Does anyone run the Engine of the gods stegadon? It's a fantastic looking model and the stats look good but in any battle rep I have seen no one uses it!

Is there too many disadvantages to it or just points spend wise to expensive?

Thanks for any help in advance

Bowser and Ritual like this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Run it with a Slann in higher point games, it is good on it's own but I think Steggy with bow is more effective at lower points.

Bowser, Aginor and Ritual like this.
  3. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Like @Crowsfoot says, works well in higher points games. Thunderbeast Starhost is really good in those situations, EotG with 2 Bastiladons and backed up with some Priests + some defence and it's a one way trip to pound town.

MerciaBear, Bowser and Aginor like this.
  4. The Mouldy Crow
    Skink

Thanks for the info

Bowser likes this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

It's a great model, and works superbly with a slann and a starseer. Or a Kroak and a starseer. That's the only way O have gotten the extra turn. But quite expensive. Worthwhile if you build towards it, but tough to use in less than 2500 point games.

Ritual, The Mouldy Crow and Aginor like this.
  6. The Mouldy Crow
    Skink

Thanks that's a shame I was going to try and get it in 1500pts as no one at my store plays more that this unfortunately

Ritual and Bowser like this.
  7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

MerciaBear and Ritual like this.
  8. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

it's fairly unreliable which makes it somewhat weak, especially when considering the fact that the various abilities require different conditions to actually be effective (having reserve points for summoning, allies in range, enemies in a different range, etc.) and that it doesn't have a dependable ability to make it stand out from the other stegadons.

It does however look amazing and that one ability at the right time is more than capable of turning games. If you canback it up with a starseer to migitate the RNG it becomes fairly good.

Ritual and Bowser like this.