1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Escalation help

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by WhenTheSkinksMarch, Jun 29, 2018.

1. WhenTheSkinksMarch
    Saurus

WhenTheSkinksMarch Active Member

Hey guys, I have a state-wide escalation league on the way in my area and have signed on with my local group. We are using AOS 2 rules and running from 1k, 1.5, and ending at 2k. Now I am still fairly new and have not had the best of luck with competitive lists in the past, which is why I've come to you for your wisdom.
    With that in mind here is my 1k list:
    General: Slaan Starmaster (Command trait: Arcane might)
    Engine of the Gods (Artifact: Incandescent rectricies)
    5x Saurus guard
    20x Skinks (Boltspitters and shields)
    Bastillodon (Solar Engine)

Thoughts, comments?

2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Why 5 guards and is the EoG really needed?

3. shole
    Skink

shole Member

In my opinion the Saurus guard are too expensive for what they offer. One wound models with the mortal wound spam the new edition provides is nothing. Change them with 20 more skinks. You have exactly the points you need.
    The EotG with the help of Slann may be your game changer in a 1000 pts game. The possibility to summon extra units with the help of the Slann in addition to slann’s summoning ability will have you a second army.

4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

It's a lot of points tied up in 2 units, I would leave out the EoG until 1.5k and add in an Astrolith Bearer and more skinks, but that depends on what models @WhenTheSkinksMarch has at his disposal.

5. WhenTheSkinksMarch
    Saurus

I like the guard for their melee work, 2 attacks on 3s and 3s with a 3 up if it's within 8" of a hero is pretty good I thought, and to try and get the "Watch out sir!" bonus in the early game for my Starmaster.
    As for the EOTG, I ran my original list by a local longtime seraphon player, which had him replaced with an oldblood on carno, and he strongly suggested the swap

Crowsfoot likes this.
  6. WhenTheSkinksMarch
    Saurus

I see what you're saying there, but I don't have the skinks required to do that unfortunately. I only have the set of 24.
    I do like the idea of the extra summoning, just hoping I get the chance to use it.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  7. WhenTheSkinksMarch
    Saurus

I am trying to work out a conversion design for an astro-bearer, but don't have one at the moment no. And as I said in the last post I only have 24 skinks total unfortunately. My range of models is a little wider than the average new player but not incredibly wide. I have some starpriests, oldblood on foot, oldblood on carno, scar vet on carno, sublood, warriors, knights, another stego, and a set of rippers.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  8. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Why not leave out the Slann until 1500 your not really going to summon in anything if you don't have the models unless you can proxy, you could then maybe look at Shadowstrike.

What models have you got available?

9. WhenTheSkinksMarch
    Saurus

Currently I have 2 Stegodons (1 EOTG), 2 Carnosaurs (1 with a scar vet, the other unbuilt), a Bastilidon with Solar Engine, 3 Ripperdactyls (missing the riders), 7 Knights (with another 7 to build), 24 warriors, 24 skinks, 2 Oldblood on foot, 1 Sunblood, 2 starpriests, and a Slaan.

10. WhenTheSkinksMarch
    Saurus

Sorry, 3 oldbloods and 15 guards