1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Escalation League match tips wanted

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Tarash, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Tarash
    Saurus

Tarash Active Member

Hey guys, lurked a bit around here but primarily hung out in the paint section of this site, but thinking I could use a few tips for my match coming up, I played a match yesterday against Ogors, his army setup was 1 Butcher, 1 Tyrant, 1 Ironblaster, 2 units of 3 Ogors, 3 Leadbelchers, 2 Mournfangs and 1 Gorger.

We messed up some rules though so we ended up having to reschedule another match, also discovered he was 20 points over cap so the gorger is being changed to 2 Frost Sabres to be within the limit of 1.000 points.

It's the Take and Hold mission we're playing, major victory if you capture both objectives, requires 5 models and no enemy models within 6"

Opponents List:
    1 Tyrant
    1 Butcher
    1 Ironblaster
    2 x 3 Ogors
    3 Leadbelchers
    2 Mournfangs
    2 Frost Sabres

My own list is:
    1 Old Blood on Carnosaur
    1 Skink Starpriest
    1 Scar Veteran on Cold One
    1 Bastiladon with Solar Engine
    5 Saurus Guard
    10 Warriors
    5 Saurus Knights

How would you guys go about fighting this match? In our first go at it I lost my knights and scar veteran to his 2 mournfangs, my 5 saurus guard were killed by his gorger, and all I managed to do was kill 1 mournfang and the gorger. The Match ended with me teleporting my entire warrior squad onto his objective, then killed the gorger that had killed my temple guard on my own, then moved bastiladon onto it, at which point we thought we were finished, but requires 5 models to capture which we didn't realize till later so we have schedule a new match.

So any suggestions on dealing with this? They seem to have a ton of wounds and deal a decent amount of damage too

Crowsfoot likes this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Your going to struggle as you don't really have 5 models you can get on an objective, now if you had skinks you would be laughing.

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Tarash
    Saurus

Tarash Active Member

Yeah its a fairly nasty match, ogors are difficult to kill :(