1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Escalation league

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Laycas49, Oct 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Laycas49
    Jungle Swarm

Laycas49 New Member

Hey guys, new space lizard here looking for some advice from the ancients. I'm going to be starting an Escalation league at my local GW on Sunday and I want to start up Seraphon. The league starts at 500pts and jumps up 500 each week until we hit 2000 with an extra week to make up missed games or re-matches. My question is where should I start? I was thinking the start collecting box as It's a damn good deal and I really want a carnosaur, but overall the box doesn't seem to have much 'oomf' not to mention odd numbered squads. Thanks in advance!

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!

Hard to say, 500 is not much. What are the requirements for battlelines and so on?
    Start Collecting box is still worth it IMO since you can build a lot of stuff from it.

3. Laycas49
    Jungle Swarm

Laycas49 New Member

I ended up using a scar vet on carno with a spear, 10 warriors with clubs, and 3 Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows. Got stomped by a blood thirster, and 20 bloodletters. Just mortal wounded me to death in one turn of combat.

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yeah sorry I don't think there was a way to win against that list. Perhaps with a Starpriest you could have prevented some of the mortal wounds.

5. Laycas49
    Jungle Swarm

Laycas49 New Member

Funny thing is I also bought a skink starpriest but decided not to use him at 500. We jump to 1000 pts next Sunday, If I can't get enough lizards for that I'll probably have to switch over to Ironjawz unless they let me proxy