1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Expanding from 'Start Collecting'

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Georgemew, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Georgemew
    Jungle Swarm

Georgemew New Member

Hey fellow Lizard friends!

So I've been a huge fan of Lizardmen since I first started Warhammer a good 13 years ago, and I finally bit the bullet, got into AoS and bought some actual serious units a few days ago at my local GW's Armies on Parade event hoping to enter them next year and not get last place like this time round.

I currently have the 'Start Collecting' box, as well as a Bastiladon, a group of 10 Saurus with clubs and a classic metal Temple Guard Champion who I was thinking of using as an Oldblood or Sunblood.

Where I need help is on what to get next! I've had a look through the battletome and I have to say the Engine of Gods looks too incredible to pass up, what with its ZA WARUDO ability and all. I also like the look of the Salamander hunting packs, Slann (obviously), and all the big dinosaurs.

I haven't yet built anything from my 'Start Collecting' box, so I'm also unsure as to make the Oldblood, Scar-Veteran or the Troglodon, as I like the look of all of them.

All in all, I'm looking to make a Jurassic Park style list that's both good enough on the table and pretty enough to hopefully win an Armies on Parade!

If anyone can decipher my ramblings and provide advice to a new player, I would be very much grateful!

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Engine of the gods with a slann is a brilliant combo, but usually reserved for larger games but stegadon is pretty versatile. I vote for both!

3. Georgemew
    Jungle Swarm

Georgemew New Member

Awesome! Would you then recommend I get the Troglodon for more Slann synergy, or one of the Carnosaurs?

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I would always recommend building a carno first and then picking up a trog. The carnos are slightly more versatile and allows for some great Batallions amd synergies

Killer Angel likes this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Yeah, the Troglodon is more a support unit, while the hero on carno can easily be your general.

Bowser likes this.
  6. Zheddikus
    Chameleon Skink

Zheddikus Well-Known Member

Did I hear some one say Jurassic Park?!?! Hahaha. ;)

I echo the recommendations of above. At first Carno is better than the Trog. I would recommend getting a Skink Starpriest, as it gives you that synergy with the Slann and cheap access to spells with an awesome ability.