1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age Finalized 9th list, 2500

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Dunya, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Dunya
    Chameleon Skink

Dunya Member

Figured I'd post the final version of the list I've been working on in a new thread. This way people don't have to sift through 5-6 prelimnary ones if they are interested.

Lords:
    Cuatl Lord (Light, General) - Book of Arcane Power, Veteran of the Cataclysm, Wellspring of Power (430)

Hero:
    Saurian Veteran (BSB) - Carnosaur, Armour of Destiny, Lance, Shield (325)
    Skink Captain - Alpha Rhamphodon, Egg of Quetzal, Dragonscale Helm, Lucky Charm, Light Armour, Lance, Shield, Javelin (149)
    Skink Captain - Alpha Pteradon, Serpent Bow, Talisman of Shielding, Hardened Shield, Light Armour, Lance (138)
    Skink Priest - Level 1, Dispel Scroll (100)

Core:
    27 Skink Braves /w 3 Caimans - Musician, Standard, Javelins, Additional Hand Weapons (305)
    4x10 Skink Hunters - Blowpipes, Skirmish (320)

Special:
    26 Temple Guard - Full Command (368)
    Tyroscutus - Altar of the Snake Gods (110)

Rare:
    Taurosaur - Ancient, Engine of the Ancients (255)
    ----
    2500, 103 Models

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  2. DrMad
    Skink

DrMad Member

I'd suggest you swapp the talisman of shielding on the captain for the dragonfire gem. The 6++ is not gonna save much, but the 2++ vs flaming will. I'd also consider dropping his lance, as you want him to shoot not to charge ;)

Btw: He was my MVP in a tournament 2 weeks ago. In one game ha shot down a Scarvet BSB on Carno in 2 turns ;) was a bloody Saurian civil war.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  3. Dunya
    Chameleon Skink

Dunya Member

I've updated the list slightly, on the 9th age forums. I think those Skink Captains are pretty crazy tbh, maybe a little too strong. I like the idea of having him come in with some S6 lance attacks in the lategame when most units are engaged. I think 6++ is quite good for 5pts personally, but in some situations you are right the Fireborn would be better.

I will edit this list with the changes I made. Basically decided I needed more mobility and chaff so I dropped the Saurus and the Chameleons for Skirmishers and a Bastiladon. Also included Veteran of the Cataclysm and 4+ WS for the Carno.