1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. First 2250pt list

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Ragnarok, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Ragnarok
    Skink

Ragnarok New Member

Well this is my first attempt at a Saurus Cohort. The tactic for it is as subtle as the Saurus themselves, march forwards and eat anything that gets in their way.

2250pts

Characters

Old Blood, marks of Itzl, Quetzl and Sotek, Carnosaur, light Armour, burning blade of Chotec, Maiming shield, Aura of Quetzl

Scar veteran, marks of Itzl and Quetzl,Cold one, light armour,shield, Scimitar ofthe sun resplendent

Scar Veteran,marks of Quetzl and Sotek, light armour, Sword of might, Enchanted shields Charm of the Jaguar warrior

Core

16 Saurus warriors, full command

Special

5 Saurus Cavalry Full command

5 Saurus Cavalry Full command, Sun Standard of Chotec

Rare

16 Saurus warriors, full command, marks of Tlazcotl and Tepok

Though I am tempted to swap the carnosuar for mark of Tepok on the old blood, thear banner on the second cavalry unit and a third scar vet, with marks of Quetzl and Sotek, light armour, the sword of the hornet and a battle standard.

2. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

My first question applies to the Saurus units. Why are they 16? They wont be able to reach a full rank bonus, and you could almost reach a full 20 if you dropped every other unit to 15.

Also, keep in mind that the manner in which you have given your Saurus characters spawnings means that none of them can join your Tepok/Tlazcotl Saurus.

Additionally, you should look into giving the Jaguar Scar Veteran a great weapon, as your list currently does not have any Str 7 to counter chariots. The 18" charge of the Scar Vet provides the perfect way to head off chariot charges before they reach your infantry blocks.

I have several other suggestions, but first mull over the unit sizes and use of spawnings and we'll see where that takes us.

3. Ragnarok
    Skink

Ragnarok New Member

Thanks for the pointer.

The reason that the units are in multiplies of 16 is that it is the size of the box set. But it evolved from there. I could boost them to 20 in size, but then I would lose the Tepok cohort (That aloes has Tlazcolt so I don’t lose the extra dispell dice too easily).

Though I could drop one of the cold one units to boost all of the other units. However this does drop the number of my hammer units.

I am not too worried about my characters not joining the tepok/tlazcolt regiment. Since one is on a carnosaur, one on a cold with my cavalry, and the last one has a suicidal charge.

As for the JSoD. I want to try something other than great weapon. I have never gone up against chariots, so I don’t need the S7 weapons. However 4 (5) S 6 attacks should be enough to take out any wizards/rune smiths or heralds I come across, or even be able to dent the bloodthrister that lives in our store and the 2+ save should mean he will stay around for a round or two if I roll okay for break tests.

I am finding a pure Saurus list very hard to plan. It is like a daemon list without the choice.

4. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

you plan to run this against dwarfs?

5. Ragnarok
    Skink

Ragnarok New Member

I have played around with my list a bit and have come up with the following (damn it is hard just using Saurus, I am going to have to come up with some kunnin’ count as, like my daemon legion)

Characters

Old Blood, marks of Itzl, Quetzl and Sotek, Carnosaur, light Armour, shield, Blade of revered Tzunki, Aura of Quetzl

Scar veteran, marks of Itzl and Quetzl,Cold one, light armour,shield, Scimitar ofthe sun resplendent

Scar Veteran,marks of Quetzl and Sotek, light armour, Sword of might, Enchanted shields Charm of the Jaguar warrior

Core

20 Saurus warriors, full command

Special

5 Saurus Cavalry Full command, Sun Standard of Chotec

Rare

20 Saurus warriors, full command, marks of Tlazcotl and Tepok

I have dropped one unit of SCOC to up all my infantry to 20 strong, for the full +4 combat res (Hopefully +5 after some skulls are crushed :D ).

This means I will be running the old blood on one flank and the SCOC on the other, with the JSOD hidden in the middle.

I hope to hide the old blood and the SCOC behind terrain as they advance then get a third turn charge with both of them and he JSOD.

I am working on the principal that when the JSOD declares a charge he will be in a unit. Thus any stand and shoot will hit the unit, not him.

I know I am not kitting him out as your usual JSOD, but I think that 4 S6 I3 attacks are more useful than 4 S7 I1 attacks, coupled with a 2+save compared to a 4+ save. He should be able to hack his way through a ranged unit (even those annoying 4+ save dwarf ones).

Against Khorne Daemons, the JSOD will work by himself to tackle any furies that try to crossfire my cohort, or to take a pot shot at the Bloodthirster.

Also my regular dwarf opponent has started collecting a beast army. Mainly herds, with a Shaggoth and a single block of bestigor.