1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS First battlerep 1k vs SCE

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by IggyStarhost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

IggyStarhost Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

This is my first battle report. I didnt know at the time I was going to write one, so unfortunatlly I didnt make notes or took pictures. But since I enjoy you batreps so much, I would like to repay you :D

My friend and I just started, so we dont have the rules down correctly jet. But we enjoy discovering it more and more.

My list:

Allegiance: Order

Skink Starpriest (80)
    - General
    - Trait: Master of Star Rituals
    - Artefact: Prism of Amyntok

10 x Skinks (60)
    - Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers

10 x Skinks (60)
    - Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers

3 x Razordons (120)
    3 x Kroxigor (160)
    Bastiladon (280)
    Stegadon (240)

Total: 1000 / 2000
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 63

My friends list:

Allegiance: Order

Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
    - General
    - Lightning Hammer & Thundershield
    - Trait: Staunch Defender
    - Artefact: Mirrorshield
    - Dracoth Trait: Keen-clawed

Lord-Relictor (80)
    - Prayer: Lightning Chariot

5 x Liberators (100)
    - Warhammer & Shield

5 x Liberators (100)
    - Warhammer & Shield

3 x Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers (100)
    5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
    3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (180)

Total: 1000 / 2000
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 59

The mission we played was starstrike. So my main aim was to go for his Raptors asap. Since it was his only shooting. After that I would have some decent shooting. With his celestant on dracoth all buffed up, I wanted to just avoid him or distract him with skinks.

One rule we played ‘wrong’ was line of sight. We played it like you can shoot through your own troops but not through opponents. Except not through you own behemoths.

So for deployment he put his Raptors is the far left corner and shielded them with 5 liberators. He made sure I couldnt teleport behind him. The rest was just bunched up in the middel with the liberators in front, dracoth to the left, relictor in the rear and prosecutors on the right. The right side of his field was all open. He left his Retributors in the clouds.

My deployment was bastiladon and stegadon to the left of center. In de middle skink screen up front protecting the starpriest and razordons. Then a little further to the right I had my Kroxigors with a screen of skinks in front of them. The idea was they could still hit with the hammers with 2inch range, have a nice meatshield to prolong their surviveability and get the bonus for being near skinks.

We had no terrain set up. And I was the one that could go first. In my herophase I managed to get Celestial Rites off. I descided to put it on the Stegadon. I put mystic shield on the bastiladon. Then I teleported the stegadon 9inch away from the liberator/Raptor squad, as far as I could to the left to hopefully flank them a bit. The Skink alpha gave me an 4 inch move on the Steg, comming closer.

Next I moved my bastiladon, skinks, razors and starpriest up 5 inches and ran to the middle of the rightside of the table with the skink&kroxs to gain control of the right side of the table, to be able to claim any objectives that would come down on the right side next turn. Next I shot 2 liberators down with my stegs bow, clearing the meatshield of the raptors a bit. The Bastiladon shot at the other liberators but failed to wound thanks to the dice and good savesrolls he had.

Next I made the charge with my stegadon and piled him in in a way that the Raptors were within 2inches from the horns (he should’ve kept some space between them).

In combat the crushing stomp killed the 3 liberators and the Horns took two Raptors. Battleshock with a roll of six, cleared the other Raptor. A very nice first turn for me.

On his turn he repositioned his army a bit, creating a defensive bubble. His prosecutors failed to wound any skinks. His dracoth spitted at my stegadon but didnt roll high enough. He then charged my Stegadon with his Dracoth. But thanks to the rerollable saves my Stegadon didnt get any wounds. I was really lucky with that! Since I really needed to be at good health to have some high rend with the horns! In return the horns inflicted 2 wounds and the stomps 1. Although with the stomps he caused me two mortal wounds with the reroll of 1 save rolls.

We then rolled for priority and 1 won it! The objective came down on the leftside of the mid line, close enough for my basti to contest. Seeing his dracoth wounded and raports/liberators destroyed I got a little cocky and wanted to clean up fast. I teleported my Starpriest to the stegadon/dracoth fight, 11 iches away. I failed my celestial rites but managed to do 3 mortal wounds with the Prism. Dracoth down to one wound. Unfortunatly I failed to arcane bolt him back to sigmar :(

I moves my line up to the middel with the basti close to the left objective to claim it. The basti shot a liberator down. The razordons failed to wound and with the Steg I shot at the liberators, failing aswell. Really hate the mirrorshield of the dracoth. But was confident I would kill him in CC. But didnt!

My stega completely failed to wound with the stauch defender and caused myself two mortal wounds again with the stomp. Should have just not attacked with it. My turn ends claiming 2 points for the middel comet.

His turn he brings down his retributors behind my skink priest. Luckily is out of range with his relictor to heal his Dracoth. He does manages to spit at the stegadon and finish him of in CC :(. The rest of his army just bubbles to the left a bit, to the objective.

Next turn he wins priority and the comet in his field comes doen near his bubble and dracoth. The one on my side comes to the right.

His relictor failes to heal :) He moves his dracoth to the left middel objective an spits at my basti, skinks and razor. Failing to do damage. His retributors kill my poor starpriest in an instant. It was a gamble to teleport him there but would have done it again! The double turn just costed him his life and a bummer he failed to finish the dracoth. His dracoth charges my skinks in front of the razors. Razors fail to go off and the skinks get destroyed. He takes 6 points for having more models to the two left objectives. 2-6 for him.

On my turn I run the remaining skinks back to the objective in my field and proceed with the kroxigor to his liberstor bubble. The razordons thank god put the last wound on the celestant on dracoth. The basti shoots the liberators down to 1. With his dracoth gone I now have more models to the middel objective and the one in my field. Claiming 6 points aswell, totalling up to 8-6.

Next turn I win priority. The basti shoots at the retributors, kill one. The razors fail to kill some prosecutors. The kroxigors run around the remaining liberator and charged the prosecutors and liberators at one. Killing all of them in Combat. There my friend conceded.

Thats it! My first battle rep! Hope im not too blurry and you enjoyed it. Wasnt to sure about the points but the game ended at t4 with me killing most his army en holding 2 objectives.

Furnus and Aginor like this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Sounds like a close game, it could have swung either way with a bit of dice luck.

Thanks for the report!

IggyStarhost likes this.