1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Lizardmen stuff

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Ssyvuss, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Ssyvuss
    Jungle Swarm

Ssyvuss New Member

Hey, new to lizardmen and the board and just started out collecting lizardmen with the release of the new stuff. I always wanted to do an army seeing as I was always a dinosaur fan as a kid but never got into them other than getting some of the reallly old warriors >_< I got the new stegadon and a group of temple guard last week and have started to paint some stuff... so here ^_^ Will get some more close ups and stuff when I have done a bit more but now just an army shot - the gaps in them there skinks are for ther new kroxigor which I do have on preorder =D.

2. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Looking good, maybe some closer shots when you have them more complete would be cool. One question though, why don't penguins feet freeze?

3. Ssyvuss
    Jungle Swarm

Ssyvuss New Member

Haha aye will do.

Well the answer to that is quite long, but there is a lot of pub quiz type explaination things in there =P

4. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Right on, welcome to the site btw

5. Ssyvuss
    Jungle Swarm

Ssyvuss New Member

Been ill so I ended up painting most of the night and so here is the stegadon so far.

6. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

Whoa, how did you get an Engine before Freburary 7th?!

7. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Most if it looks pretty cool, but I do suggest you add a touch more detail to the bone areas, unless it is just the camera, flash can sometimes obscure detail. The easiest way is to put a bit of watered down black/brown ink on it, the more advanced way is to start by painting them brown (scorched brown probably) and highlight up to bleached bone and maybe skull white right at the tips. Up to you.

It is a cool looking model though, I can't wait to get mine.

8. Ssyvuss
    Jungle Swarm

Ssyvuss New Member

Thanks, I should take one in the day light when I can take off the flash, will probably try something to make the bone better.

Duno how I got them, just had it and a temple guard unit preordered and they came on like the 27th of jan D=

9. biggreen
    Skink

biggreen New Member

NO WAYy!!! so u pre-order from site and u get them already lucky dog. i have wait for few more days and i have wait till end of the months for guys. i am sad, but o well i like what u doing with stregi. just one tip, use the washes their great. hahhahahaha!!!, i sound tony the tiger. I hate blow my own horn but the was are great for every thing, they create shadows and go into the cracks in the scale. i can't wait to start to building my army of cold ones!!!

10. Ssyvuss
    Jungle Swarm

Ssyvuss New Member

Heh I will give them a try, still need to do the other skinks for on howdah first too, aye preorder from online store apparently makes them early - speaking of this the kroxigor arrived today so I will get some assembled pics of them up later on today.