1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Lizardmen

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Patruck, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Patruck
    Skink

Patruck New Member

I'm just starting warhammer, and I've got some lizardmen. So far I have some old skinks, a stegadon, and some cold one riders. I'm still working on these but I'd like to see other peoples thoughts on what I've done so far.

DSC01073-1.jpg
    So far I haven't really gone into details such as the ropes, and I've just started the yellow areas around the scales
    DSC01078.jpg
    I haven't gone into details like the crests and bows, and I'm going to redo the crests in the same green as the stegadon.
    DSC01080.jpg
    I have also been thinking about some green skinks, but I'd like to tie the jaguar print I think it really goes with the whole jungle/aztec sorta themes.
    And I'm still having trouble finding a good color scheme for the cold ones. I'll post more pictures when I've made the changes, or tried out any new colors.
    I'd appreciate any feedback, thoughts, or ideas on my color schemes

Warden likes this.
  2. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Hey, nice job! :D

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Sweet. I'm not too fond of the old school skinks to be honest, the paint job will be pretty interesting on some newer models though. I really like what you have done with the steg, good work.

Jaguar print should be an interesting and unique scheme for the LM, I look forward to seeing more.

4. Patruck
    Skink

Patruck New Member

Yeah I eventually want to upgrade to the new skinks, but at least I'll get the practice on these ones.
    Heres the cold one I started today.
    DSC01099.jpg
    I'm gonna try to finish it up tomorrow, but I have trouble sticking to one model and finishing it. I don't see how anyone finishes a whole army.

Warden likes this.
  5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

.... Wow. That cold one looks absolutely fantastic! Really good work. I wish I could blend like that. And I know what you mean about trying to keep the focus on one model. :p

6. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

Wow, really good Cold Ones, and fantastic blending (i think that flamers painted by you would look awesome.) Im curious, was that your first blending attempt? Oh and i love the horns on the steg.

7. rickie_82
    Saurus

rickie_82 New Member

I love the pattern, I'm totaly sold for small extra things thats makes em flashier. Wish I was good enough to do it myself.

8. Thebestlazyguy
    Saurus

Thebestlazyguy New Member

i wont deny, your skill is really good, however im not a big fan of the colors on the cold one. i do like your skinks though :D