1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First piece of terrain

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Thebestlazyguy, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Thebestlazyguy
    Saurus

Thebestlazyguy New Member

so this is my first piece of terrain which is clearly still a work in progress. It is a Skink Spawning Pool, and i hope to use it in scenario battles, most likely as a Point of Interest in a Skavin vs Lizardmen scenario (ex: the skaven attempting to poison the spawning pools). the arcs and doorways are going to have Lizardmen symbols inscribed in them, as well as around the base. the pool itself will be filled with a deeo blue water effect. id like advice on what the color of the stones should be, whether to include more foilage or moss, etc. i personally like how its coming along. also i may be thinking of including some form of roof. this is clearly more for looks than actually playing on lol :D enjoy

and another view

any and all advice is welcome
    (oh and sorry about the size of the pictures. these were taken with the camera on my cell phone)

Attached Files:

2. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

From what I can see, it looks nice.
    I can't see much at all though.
    Bigger pictures plzkthks.

3. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Oy.

I sense the all too common Copy&paste-syndrome...

Anyhow, I can nothing but agree with asrodrig. Me want big pix, no want small...

Otherwise there are plenty of pictures of rocks in the army book... If you look next to the model that is oddly enough positioned in the middle of each one... Damn bastard GW, don't show the rocks properly! :shamefullyembarrased:

Cheers!

4. Thebestlazyguy
    Saurus

Thebestlazyguy New Member

yeah i realize the pictures are small :\ sorry. i dont have a real camera. and no i didnt copy and past, i did the whole put it up on photobucket then put the url into the thing. theyre just small pictures. i'll try to see if there's anything i can do about it though. again sorry about that

5. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

I didn't mean you. ;) I meant asrodrig, hence the quote...

Cheers!