1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Post-Custom model Kroxigor

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by woogity, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woogity
    Cold One

woogity Active Member

Hi guys! Picked up the Lizardmen about a year ago just after the 8th edition book came out, and been fairly obsessed since. Sadly, some of the models I enjoy fielding are quite dated and i didn't feel like waiting around for better versions to come out. I am a sculptor in the video games industry and have always wanted to get some of my work printed and this seemed like a great opportunity. So these are the first images of the physical prints of my custom kroxigor unit, and a few of the digitals from different angles. Hope you like em!

1780269_10100822027527193_1834331449453038163_o.jpg
    10668916_10100822027622003_8941915462536953813_o.jpg
    10450114_10100762515494783_2268428469934378655_o.jpg
    10428311_10100744253626713_6480184750022707637_o.jpg

-Woog

2. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

Amazing!

Those look very nice, feel the head is a little small on the right and the one in the middle, but that might just be due to the angle of the picture and renderings.

How did you get them printed? The print looks super smooth, not with tiny lines like Ive seen other has received when 3D printing.

3. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

Great work! I'd definitely be proud to put them on the table!

4. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

Awesome sculpts! I especially love the roaring one, very predatory feel there! If those were for sale and with a good price, I'd definitely would be interested in buying them.

By the way, have you been involved with any video games we know? Just out of curiosity...

5. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

Haemoglobin 9th Age Army Support

Oh wow those look great! Plans on selling them? I would definately be interested in buying a couple :p

6. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Ohhhhh... :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
    are these on shapeways ?

7. MHK Pathfinder
    Cold One

MHK Pathfinder Member

Wow, these look great, and I'd definitely enjoy painting these bad boys.

8. Silverbolt
    Temple Guard

Silverbolt Active Member

Awesome looking! If your print more for sell count me interested!

9. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

holy scale on soteks behind thats awesome

Kroxigor - Snapturtle edition!

I would take a few of your hands in a heartbeat!

10. jayzerus
    Skink

jayzerus Member

I think there's a unanimous decision here. You need to print more and give us your Paypal address so we can send you money in exchange for a fistful of these guys.

11. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Probably need to name them something generic like "giant mace lizards "so it's nice and legal, but yeah, I'd pay you money for a couple.

12. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

do you also accept kidneys :)

N1nj4 likes this.
  13. Shaku
    Skink

Shaku Member

Long time lurker (Chameleon Skink) here and I needed so bad to express my interested in buying my own couple of these kroxigor!

Saw a rendering of them about a week ago or more on the web and got totally hooked, so cool see them in physical print!

Nice work keep it up!

14. Link_t_c
    Skink

Link_t_c Member

Holy 'I swear too much' dude that is one of the best custom sculpts I've ever seen. I love the fact they look more like snapping turtles that crocodiles which suits the slow and armoured nature of kroxigor.

15. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

Absolutely amazing. If I had money, I would ask you to take it from me.

16. shwaym
    Skink

shwaym Member

Ditto. These are so cool I would find a way to fit in krox just to use the models.

17. woogity
    Cold One

woogity Active Member

Oh wow! lol thanks for all the support everyone Im extremely flattered! I will do my best to get back to you guys who had questions but first off. I am planning on selling these guys but just working out the potential legal hangups of both making these ( they may end up being sold as Crocsigors) in the first place and how freelance taxes on this sort of thing would work, BUT I am definitely going to make it happen. There are 2 sets remaining in the first printing of 20. So i will put down the first two people that requested for them and start making a list for printing 2.

hemoglobin and Caprasauridae that is you guys.

for anyone interested I need to post a few more times apparently before I can send/receive PMs but ill post once im allowed.

I need to get my bill from the printers before I figure out pricing stuff but it should be similar to the GW ones +SH.

Questions:
    The Red Devil: Thanks so much! I am having them printed by Ownage, as far as I know they are the top dogs for this kind of work.

NexS1: Thanks for your kind words! if your interested in picking up a set let me know!

Caprasauridae: Thanks! I was trying to make them feel a bit more bestial, smaller eyes/ less intelligent looking since they are essentially monstrous labor slaves. As for the work stuff I have done Creature/character work on a bunch of stuff, Chivalry: Mideval Warfare, Kingdoms of Amalur, and Firefall to name a few.

Hemoglobin: Thanks! Ill put you down for a set!

N810: Nope, Prints are done by Ownage, they are a little higher quality, but im kicking myself for not doing shapeways now just for the distribution side XD.

Phatmotha-phucka: great image lol love those desert toads XD. Your spot on the main influence was crocs for obvious reasons, but crocs don't make for dynamic poses so I used alligator snappers for ref as well!

Scalenex: Yea haha your completely right! I will probably rename them when they actually go to market.

bork bork: what bood-type?

Link_t_c: Thanks dude! they are kinda a giant-dino combination of crocodiles and alligator snapping turtles, seemed to fit the personality of the guys.

-Woog

Snoopdeville3 likes this.
  18. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

Could you whack a primer on them and sell them as "second hand personal items"?

Would that circumvent any legal issues?

19. woogity
    Cold One

woogity Active Member

mostly concerned with taxes and my non-competition clause at work.

20. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

Ohh... damn, well sorry to not be of any help then!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.