1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. First shot at Lizards. 1K list

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Doom Lizard, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Doom Lizard
    Saurus

Doom Lizard New Member

Ok. Let me know what you would change. Here we gogo

Hero
    JSoD w/ LA, GW, Shield, Quetzl, Sotek, Glyph necklace, Jaguar charm

Skink Priest w/ Lvl.1 Diadem of power

Core
    Skinks; 10 w/ Javelin, shield, scout, brave
    75*2

10 w/ javelin, shield
    60*2

Special
    Saurus Cav. 5 w/ Full command, Jaguar totem

Kroxigor; 3 w/ Gear, Ancient

Total:992

Now i know people usually don't take full command at such low points but I just have an issue with not taking them in combat units.

2. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

This, unfortunately, is an issue you are probably going to have to get over. Your list is small, even for a 1000 pt list. You do not need a Kroxigor Ancient (in fact, it greatly decreases the combat potential), and the Huanchi totem is a bit excessive for a 1k list. If you want a fast option, simply take Terradons.

Moreover, the skink priest is a bit of an overkill for simply being an anti-magic option. One or two spawnings of Tepok would do about the same (you dont need to go too anti-magic at 1k). Hence, you could switch your Skink Priest for a combat character or, with the points from the dropped Huanchi Totem/Ancient, invest in a block of Saurus or a great deal more MSU troops.

3. freakndell
    Saurus

freakndell New Member

And yet again i wil have to agree with SohCahToa. except the Jaguar totem (standerd) is something cmpletely different then the banner of huanchi....
    (I just posted a reply about a ik list after him as well!)

Placing an ancient within a unit of kroxes is not a good option! It wil get challenged. You will NOT like it!
    imho waste of 20 valuable points!

You field allotta skinks. I know the are great, but you scout 2 units of 10...Just hope you can find a place for them...Otherwise it will be 10 pts overpriced for that unit.
    At 1K one scouting unit is probably enough......

For the rest of your list...I fiddled with SCOR as well, but a 250 pts unit with just a single wound per character (for a total of 5 wounds) and a 3+ save, is not my cup of tea.....
    I would prefer fielding 4 kroxes, that makes 232 pts and 12 wounds! They cause fear as well, suffer not from stupidity and can charge through a skink screen!

And last but not least. No Sallies?
    With the points generated from my tips (kick out the ancient, drop a unit of scouts and field 4 kroxes) you can buy (almost :meh: )2 of those guys. They are really worth there points!

Anyway....this was just my $0,02. Hope it helped!

4. Pinkus
    Saurus

Pinkus New Member

FC on your calvary that costs 250 total is a huge point sink for 1000. As said before you have 5 wounds and only 3+ armor save. The big problem is that if you lose combat they also get your banner possibly winning them 350 points total. That's a huge hit to take at 1000 pts.