1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS First time playing AOS 2k

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by crab, Dec 13, 2016.

1. crab
    Skink

crab New Member

My list is looking like this

Hero
    Eternity warden 140
    Astrolith bearer 160
    Sun blood 120
    Priest with trappings 100

Units
    Battle line
    Saurus guard ×10 200
    Saurus guard x10 200
    Saurus guard x10 200

Rippers x3 140
    Chamo x5 120
    Chamo x5 120

Monster
    Bastiladon 300

Shadow strike host 120
    Eternal star host 80

I know the guard will be weak against mortal wound/ high rend set ups, but I'm hoping the Chamo skinks and the rippers can deal with as many as those units early on.

I'm planing on using 10 guard and the sun blood running up a flank or taking an objective alone. The rest (not including the shadow strike host) will be bulked up to a certain extent to get the buffs from the astrolith bearer, priest and the eternity warden.

I know this army is not the fastest and has no real power house hero but personally I like the look of the synergy that the units picked have.

Let me know what you guys think, peace!

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Great list, tou could pull a bit more synergy by making your priest a starpriest, but I think this is pretty solid as is. Let us know how the game goes.

3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

It seems a solid list. The only variation I would do, is to cut one unit of guards, from 10 to 5, and pick a starpriest (keeping the priest).
    This way, you won't lose the possible re-rollable saves granted by the priest, but you will have magical support by the wizard, including mystic shield and increased range tnx to the BSB

Bowser and crab like this.
  4. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

I like Killer Angel's idea.

Yeah, if you're against high mortal wound armies you're a bit screwed, but a very nice army against other enemies. Might be a bit of a waste having the saurus guard if you're playing against enemies without any save like plague monks but pretty tight otherwise.

Bowser likes this.