1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Flaming Attacks and Other Shooting vs Regen

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Gary_M, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

Just doing a little bit of last minute re-reading of the rules ahead of my game tonight and noticed something I wondered if you could clarify for me:

The regen rules say: "...if a unit is wounded by a Flaming Attack it loses the Regeneration rule for the remainder of the phase (it can be used later in the turn....)"

I know this might be a bit of rule lawyering, but if all shooting is in the same phase, and I shoot with salamanders first (say at a hellpit abomination) the way I'm reading this means that if it is still on the board I can shoot at it subsequently on the same turn with, say skinks or stegs giant blowpipes, and the regen won't affect this shooting because it is in the "remainder of the phase".

The last bit about using later in the turn would mean in any close combat.

Is this correct?

2. Kblock
    Kroxigor

Kblock Active Member

Yes, I believe your interpretation is correct as the paragraph is written. If you shoot first with the Salamander and it causes any wounds, the Regen unit loses the regen for the rest of the shooting phase. This counts against all shooting attacks, not just flaming attacks.

I think this would be due to the fact that the unit is still on fire and any subsequent attacks in the same phase could also wound while the fire goes out.

3. owain_b
    Saurus

owain_b Member

Yeah what kblock said, spot on. Think it would be too easy to make regen pointless with a fire wizard if it stopped regen for the whole turn, so just works in phases.

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

yea, that's pretty much why we have fire bolas.