1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Flank attack in my saurus cavalry

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Aparach, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

If say Chaos Knights Charge my unit of 5 Saurus Cavalry in the flank, do I get my bonus for the standard when working out combat resoult even if my standard bearer isn't fighting?

Am I allowed to pivot to face the enemy in my next turn or will I be fighting the whole match with my 1 Saurus Cavalry vs. 3-4 of his...

2. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

i believe you still get the standard bonus so long as your standard bearer is in the front rank of the unit, as for turning to face them you ony get to do that if you win combat res, and in the situation you gave here, that's not likely to happen :)

3. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

Ok, thanx Kraken. I point that out next time I get boxed in the flank ;)

4. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Do your best to avoid that situation all together LOL, the Haunchi Totem can help you to get where you want for you can make a full march move and hopefully be within an inch or 2 to succeed a magic phase charge. Or just make sure your face is at his face at the end of your turn so you have a better chance. An opponent cannot choose to charge your flank if he's facing you he has to choose to charge the front.

5. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

Indeed!

I think I will try cold ones in my next match against Chaos Warriors.
    Did have a go vs Dark Elves, but those stupid creatures forgot what was going on and strolled towards the enemy at half speed for then to get charged by a chariot. :rolleyes:

I will give them a second chance, this time with Huanchis Totem and against an army with weak shootingphase :)

6. Alesh
    Skink

Alesh New Member

Does anyone have a page number in the BRB so I can cite a reference for reforming to face if you win combat? I've never heard this rule before.

7. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

p. 46
    Free Manoeuvres

8. Godless-Mimicry
    Skink

Godless-Mimicry New Member

If you win combat you may turn each model on the spot, so all it takes away is the opponents +1CR for flank, you will still only have one guy fighting. And you always get your SB +1CR is combat.