1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fledgling Lizard Bro Looking to Learn

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by InfamousBeany, Mar 9, 2016.

1. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

InfamousBeany Well-Known Member

Hey guys!

Ive been lurking around the site for a short while, but thought it was about time I jumped in for good!

A little about myself- I'm fresh out the spawning pits, having recently got into Age of Sigmar with a good mate of mine. After toying around with what armies we wanted to pursue, my friend opted to expand the starter set Stormcast while I shunned the temptations of Khorne in favour of...well, Dinosaurs in Space. I have always had a love for all things reptilian, and seeing all the big ol scaly beasties on offer was too good to pass up.

I'm in my early twenties, freshly graduated, and I live in central southern England. I have been in the hobby off and on since I was about 8, predominantly through 40k. I'm definitely a casual player, and I always much prefer games full of cinematic silliness than beardy power gaming (probably what drew me to AoS).

After perusing some brilliantly helpful threads on how to get started with Seraphon, as well as some of the most well thought out tactical and structural theories available (fo real, @Ixt and @Bainbow, you rock), I now have a fairly sizable force that is under construction. Pride of place at present is my Bastiladon, only had a single small game with my lizards but he stood out as MVP by miles. He is now called Blastoise, and sexually identifies as a laser turtle.

So, thats me! I look forward to leaping into conversations, and hope to learn as much as possible.

Cheers for reading!

Toltecatl, Bainbow, Crowsfoot and 5 others like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! Glad we have already been able to helpyou out and hopefully can continue to do so!

InfamousBeany and Ixt like this.
  3. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

Hey there, InfamousBeany. :) Is 'Beany' okay?

I'm actually going to be visiting my brother in London on the 20th of March! What a coincidence! I haven't researched it in the slightest, but I'm hoping to visit one of the 'Games Workshop' stores renamed, 'WARHAMMER.' Have you ever been? I haven't seen any, here in America.

Glad to hear of your joys with your Blastadon, 'Blastoise' :cool: -- they are my second favorite warscroll in the new book. :D

I've had to take a little break from AoS lately due to a pending move across the continent, but I'm looking forward to picking up where I left off! I've been itching to map out the tandems/synergies that Seraphon offer. As far as playability/versatility goes, we seem to have taken the cake. I've also got two formations that I've been fooling about with, judging their useability.

Welcome, welcome, welcome, and thank you for the compliment! :cigar:

InfamousBeany and Bowser like this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Also I want picks of your Blastoise Bastiladon!

InfamousBeany and Ixt like this.
  5. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

Thanks for the welcome lads!

@Ixt Best of luck with your travels buddy, looking forward to the continuation of your tactics series!

@Bowser Once Blastoise is all painted up (and given a tiny pair of rad sunglasses) he will get his moment of glory over at the painting threads haha

And of course, just Beany is totally fine.

Cheers!

Bowser and Ixt like this.
  6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard, get a painting blog going asap we want to see your models and love commenting on your progress.

I'm in the UK as well and if you haven't yet make a visit to Warhammer World in Nottingham, book a table and make a day of it you won't regret it.

InfamousBeany, Bowser and Ixt like this.
  7. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

We're extremely glad we could help.
    Also Blastoise sounds like an absolute badass, reminds me of my lovely little laser turtle Apricot.

InfamousBeany, Toltecatl and Bowser like this.
  8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Welcome to the forum!!! :):):)

InfamousBeany likes this.
  9. Toltecatl
    Razordon

Toltecatl Well-Known Member

Can't wait to hear of your playing experience and see your army come alive mate.. It's awesome to be interested in tactics and painting alike I fully agree. Have fun and welcome. Cheerio :)

10. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

Thanks again guys for such a warm welcome, I have an upcoming game with a friend of mine in which we finally get to use a full size force this weekend, hopefully I will be able to supply a battle report with the juicy details afterwards!

Bainbow and Crowsfoot like this.
  11. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the report.

12. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Welcome to Lustria Bro.

13. Scalenex