1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Flying chief assassin

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Aunshi, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Aunshi
    Skink

Aunshi New Member

Hej, I try found topic with this theme, but no success, then I made this. Lets start discuss.

I want build the flying chief assassin, which be able kill wizard, or maybe BSB bunkered in an unit (archmage in white lions is my most common enemy). Also dead solitary characters are welcome

What is, in your opinion, best combination? I am thinking about ripperdactyl (can chiefs ripp put a toad token and benefit from it?) for KB, common shield and l. armour and piranha blade. Chief will attack first thank to I and then probably will by killed. Or in better, run from battle. Then I think ho dont need some special armour.

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

put a toad token
    NO

benefit from it
    YES

Parana blade is good,
    so is the dueling blades,
    might be temped with the anti-mage sword.
    and the egg seems like a popular choice for the chief.

3. Aunshi
    Skink

Aunshi New Member

Egg is good, I use it for machine/monster hunter but for picking characters from unit is useless.

I now playing list with beast slann, beast priest lvl 2 (power scroll for Kadon) with 5 savage beat chief on foot in front rank of little cohort (savage beast ). And need a killer for enemy wizards, without their many of opponent was unable dispell Kadon and little priest for example destroy 20 tzeentch chaos wariors with bsb :D

4. laribold
    Cold One

laribold Active Member

I've been thinking about an assassin skink chief as well.

I've been thinking about the following:
    Enchanted Shield (for 2+ save)
    Sword of Antiheroes (to boost both attacks and strength)
    Other Tricksters Shard (to get through wards)

All on a Ripperdactyl (although a Terradon means you don't have to worry about frenzying off against the wrong target...)

Another option I'm considering (and not strictly a skink chief) is a ScarVet with the Arabyan Carpet, LA and Halberd!

5. Phantasma
    Skink

Phantasma New Member

If frenzy baiting worries you, try "moonwalking" the rippers first turn. It's a tactic that was frequently used by Bloodthirsters in 6th edition, just fly them up and position them backwards. You will lose a turn of combat, true, but it is an option to keep in your bag of tricks.

6. MasterKrox
    Saurus

MasterKrox Member

My current build is a skink on ripper enchanted shield dragon gem potion of strength LA relic blade thats been working good for me lately

7. Lawot
    Kroxigor

Lawot Active Member

Today I'll be trying out:
    Skink Chief
    Ripperdactyl
    light armor
    Fencer's Blades
    Potion of Foolhardiness
    Dragonhelm

3+ Armor, 4 Attacks at WS10, with an extra attack on the charge (once). Plus, of course, the Ripper's 3 Attacks with Killing Blow. Unfortunately, I'm not playing a unit of Rippers, so no Toads. I thought about the Sword of Antiheroes, but I want him in a multipurpose role, covering assassin, anti-chaff, and war machine hunter.

8. Lawot
    Kroxigor

Lawot Active Member

Ended up not using him after all...When I realized that I could give him up to upgrade my 3 Terradons to 4 Ripperdactyls and 6 Chameleons. The goal was to have these guys take out Squig Hoppers, Mangler Squigs, Wizards and Doom Divers. I faced Squig Hoppers, but no Manglers and no Doom Divers. When I threw the Rippers into combat with a unit of Squig Hoppers, thinking "Surely they'll wipe the floor with these Gobbos," I was profoundly disappointed to see both units wipe out the other. Maybe that WS 10 would have been handy after all.

9. classicflava
    Cold One

classicflava Active Member

I have had a lot of sucses with this build

stegadon helm of itza, luckstone, potion of foolhardiness, spear, light armor, shield, on a ripper

the impact hits mean he can take on chaff units by himself and help him with some combat res when he charges. T4 is great against low str shooting. the potion is there because i had 5 points to spend.

10. LTERALUS
    Skink

LTERALUS New Member

One major issue with lone assassins of any type: unit champions
    If the wizard is in a unit containing a champion, all the opponent has to do is challenge you. Your assassin has to accept, and usually combat res won't be high enough to beat the opponent. That means you lose frenzy, and possibly end up running. One way to use an assassin is if you charge alongside a ripper unit with a champion. That way the ripper champion can accept the challenge, and your assassin can take on the wizard.

NIGHTBRINGER and n810 like this.