1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Fun Atelier GT, Seraphon go to Hong Kong!

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Fruzzle, May 19, 2017.

1. Fruzzle
    Skink

Fruzzle Member

So after the help of our community I promised to write a report for my upcomming tournament and, the time has come! Tomorrow begins the AOS Fun Atelier GT in Hong Kong and I will be attending with the following list.

Allegiance: OrderBattle Trait: Defiant Avengers

Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General- Trait: Master of Defense- Artefact: Phoenix Stone

Engine of the Gods (240) Thunderquake Starhost- Artefact: Talisman of Blinding Light

Skink Starseer (160)

Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)

10 x Skinks (80) Battleline-Meteoric Javalins & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (80) Battleline- Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (80) Battleline- Boltspitters & Star Bucklers

5 x Chameleon Skinks (120)

3 x Skink Handlers (40) Thunderquake Starhost1 x Salamanders (60) Thunderquake Starhost

Bastiladon (300) Thunderquake Starhost
    Bastiladon (300) Thunderquake Starhost

Thunderquake Starhost (120)

Total: 2000/2000

The list is pretty straight forward; 2x Bastiladon with buffs rerolling their hits wounds saves and regenerating D3 wounds a turn, these 2 are the anchor of the list, I can use them to road block stuff almost indefinantly, they have good ranged dmg output and are not bad in combat either!

Engine of the gods, and the Slann combo, as the engine was needed for the Thunderquake anyway, rolling 4D6 helps with the results. I couldn't pick the same Relic twice so the Engine got the -1 for 1 turn in combat, which I think will always be useful because....

To get the most out of the army, I can't sit back and shoot. You pay too much for the combat stats on the engine/bastil. Etc. to not use them. I plan to get the steg into as many (carefully selected) combats as possible and play the list as aggressively as possible.

Slann with Master of Defence, Phoenix stone, his innate re-rolls, should be pretty durable and he buffs the army in so many ways, I love him.

The Starseer will help with the engine and... I'm convinced it's our best unit. It also gives me an extra Hero (3 places of power!). I used to have 2 more skink units instead of him but found that I really needed more heroes for the one scenario and the star seer just does so much. With the slanns command trait and hiding in cover for some turns he's durable enough I've found.

Skinks do as skinks do. One unit has Javalins because I found there is always one unit which I use for blocking/close to the enemy so might as well increase their chances to do something (haven't disappointed to far!)

The salamander.... at first I thought he'd be tax but with being just one guy he has often been an MVP for me, being ignored or using other units to block enemy attacks to a limited nr. He has survived combat on one wound, only to regenerate 2 on so many occasions. Overall much better than expected and with banner-re-roll he's pretty reliable. Only things is, I often forget the end of shooting phase proc....

I will update which army I played against and post battle reports later. I intend to take as many pictures as I can but experience has thought me that when the going get tough... I forget to take pictures...

Game 1: Take & Hold vs ...

Game 2: Blood & Glory vs...

Game 3: Escalation vs...

Game 4: Three places of Power vs...

Game 5: Border War vs …

Wish me luck!

EDIT: Formatting gone Awry!

2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Good luck!

3. TheSkeptic
    Chameleon Skink

TheSkeptic Active Member

Good luck with your games. I hope you bring glory to the Old Ones!

Bowser likes this.
  4. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Good luck!

Bowser likes this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Good luck!

Bowser likes this.