1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Gearing for a 1000 pt tournament

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by TaintedSpud, May 7, 2017.

1. TaintedSpud
    Skink

TaintedSpud Active Member

As the title says, I'm gearing up for a 1000 point tourny. So I'm going to need an all-purpose list. Here's what I've been running so far:

Saurus Scar-Vet on Carnosaur. (260)
    Skink Priest (100)
    Saurus Knights x 10 (240)
    Saurus Warriors x 20 (200)
    Troglodon (200)

For opponents, I know for a fact that Cheeseclaw, I mean Beastclaw Raiders will be represented, along with Hosts of Slaanesh, Ironjawz, Kharadron Overlords and Stormcast Eternals, and possibly Flesh-Eater Courts.

As for what I currently own, basically the contents of 2 Star Collecting boxes.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

This is a decent list, you will have some trouble with the beastclaw, they move fast and hit hard, I can see you doing well with this list though.

TaintedSpud likes this.
  3. TaintedSpud
    Skink

Thus far I've played the Slaaneshi host and the Ironjawz in friendly games. Ironjaws were challenging but as it was an objective based game I was able to outmaneuver him, and the Slaaneshi... well... lets say the Carnosaurs ate well that day. Beastclaw are the ones that have me scared, they seem completely and utterly overpowered, my only thought would be to try and keep the big beasties at range and try to hit and run them down.

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

TaintedSpud likes this.
  5. TaintedSpud
    Skink

So last night I picked up a box o' skinks and a Stegadon. Considering experimenting with this:

Skinkpocalypse:
    Saurus Scar-Vet on Carnosaur. (260)
    Skink Priest (100)
    Skinks x 20 (160)
    Stegadon (200)

Thinking of filling the last 280 with either a buttload of saurus warriors or 10 saurus knights.

Bowser likes this.
  6. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Stegadon costs 260 - guess you meant Troglodon ! I 'd place 5 chamo skinks, these folks are just too useful to not be included ! Last 160 points maybe beef up one of the skink groups into 30 to harass enemy down and have numbers where needed to distract the opponents !

Or use a Stegadon *with bow preferably for overall purposes* , beef up one unit into 20 skinks and keep the last 20 points for triumph !

TaintedSpud and Bowser like this.
  7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Something like this:
    Leaders
    Skink Starpriest (100)
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (260)
    - General
    - Warblade

Battleline
    20 x Skinks (160)
    - Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
    - Clubs
    5 x Saurus Knights (120)
    - Lances
    - Seraphon Battleline

Behemoths
    Stegadon (260)

Total: 1000/1000

The skystreak bow with Alpha on the steg, some blocking with the skinks, and then shots into combat.

TaintedSpud likes this.
  8. TaintedSpud
    Skink

sounds like a plan. I got some friendly games lined up this weekend, gonna try this list for a spin. Wasn't planning on picking up any models, but then I told a full painted Mortis Engine from my old collecting dust Death days, and decided to beef up my options.

I'm gonna assume the Starpriest is a marked improvement over vanilla priest?

Bowser likes this.
  9. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

More options, like a mystic shield, and vanilla priest only has a 50% chance of using the ability. Vanilla priest would work as well, but just for the options I would take the Starpriest.

10. TaintedSpud
    Skink

After playing a few friendly games against Ironjawz, Tzeench, and slaanesh, it appears that the first, melee oriented list is the more effective of the two.

Seraphage and Bowser like this.