1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS General Seraphon tactics

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Valjeanthebeast, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Valjeanthebeast
    Saurus

Valjeanthebeast Member

Right, so I was thinking, what is the ultimate way to play Seraphon?
    Defensive or offensive?

an example of a 50p offensive army:
    (found on thread, posted by Killer angel, using azyr)
    Shadowstrike starhost , a unit of 3 ripper and 2 units of 5 chama skinks each. (11p)
    thunderquake starhost,bastiladon with searing beam, Stegadon with skystreak bow, EotG, a unit of 6 kroxy. (29p)
    and two Slann Starmasters (10p)
    50p

So, lizard forumites I hand it to you, unpack this list, show me and others the strength, the weaknesses and how to play it!

(If some one else could post 50p defensive azyr army that would be great)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

You cannot. Mistakes happen, you won't be offered to Sotek as sacrifice for this... ;)

Bowser, Freddy25 and Valjeanthebeast like this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Edit the first post with your thoughts on general seraphon tactics, it will get the discussion going. Add in synergies you like and want to use, and we may be able to help you and you may he able to help us. Never hurts to get a new discussion going.

Freddy25 likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Generally if a game is big enough to allow it I will play with Kroak, Eternal Starhost, Shadowstrike Starhost (with Starpriest, chameleons and rippers), astrolith bearer, Oldblood on Carnosaur, Starseer and Engine of the gods.
    This would be a 200 point SCGT List leaving 26 points off to give you a 52 point summoning pool.
    http://bit.ly/1PU9Wbk

If you are playing by wounds then make the 3 unit of guards:
    17/17/18 instead of 20/20/20 to give you a 125 wound list.

Fairly basic strategy here. Chameleons and Kroak take pot shots. Rippers assassinate or at least give you some board control with the blot toad. Old blood shoots and monster hunts.

Engine stays close to Slann, star seer, starpriest, astrolith and warden.
    So much synergy there. Curse of fates on engine first turn, get some re rolls, extra dice from slann, should get you an immediat extra turn. Particularly scary if you went second. Possibly 2 turns on a row.
    If your opponent makes it to your guard they ahould be pretty well slaughtered, if not you can always summon some flankers. With SCGT those 52 points in the summoning pool can get you quite a bit of misery to spread.

5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I've made a thread about it in the Army Lists subforum (Azyr Eternal Starhost ), but keep in mind that Azyr comp is an evolving system, so currently some units could have a different points cost that the ones I have used...

Bowser and Valjeanthebeast like this.