1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS General's Handbook Leaks

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Iskander, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

The long-foretold General's Handbook appears to be leaking: https://www.reddit.com/r/ageofsigma...rwarhammer_new_rumors_of_generals_compendium/

No word yet on Seraphon point values. Everything else is too much to take in just yet. (I want to rant about the apparent low cost of the Knight-Venator, aka Leon the Professional, but I don't have enough context yet.)

Anyway, discuss!

(Apologies if linking to links about leaks is against the rules, or if there's already a thread about this that I missed :) ).

2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Oh man that is exciting! Can't wait to try this out. The extra command trait for a mixed army seems so awesome. I really want to see the points on Seraphon now!

Ixt likes this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I am still more looking forward to narrative play over organized, but this should be good fun still!

Ixt likes this.
  4. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or does this seem similar to some of the comp systems out there where you pay X points for 1 warscroll and a warscroll can be between Y and Z models?

Anyway I'm pretty excited too! Can't wait to see what all the different game types have in store for us.

Bowser likes this.
  5. skipperyoss
    Cold One

skipperyoss Active Member

Looking forward to the hero artifacts.

Bowser likes this.
  6. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info!
    I'm very interested in all of this, and can't wait to know more... :watching:

7. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

Apparently part of the development process for the handbook involved a large degree of consultation with tournament organisers, so it wouldn't surprise me to see similar comp mechanisms in the book.

Looks interesting! Seems it might be a must buy. Just wish it was included in the initial launch :penguin:

Iskander, Ixt, Freddy25 and 1 other person like this.
  8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

It's a step in the right direction. I agree that GW would have been better served to release this with the initial launch.

Ixt likes this.
  9. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Planning on trying it out, or still firmly planted in the old world?

10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

FIRMLY rooted in the old world! :cool:

But I can still admit that it is progress. Personally I will never play AoS unless it is changed so drastically that it pretty much becomes 9th edition fantasy under a different name. However I do see this release as a blessing for AoS players.

Bowser likes this.
  11. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Of course the rules of 1 calling out the rippers makes them slightly less scary. They're still pretty killy though!

12. Skorp
    Saurus

Skorp Active Member

I'm glad I grabbed the troops boxes I did recently, should be used for sure now with the battleline requirements. I'm excited for this and the global campaign.

Slanputin and Bowser like this.
  13. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Xlanax_lot Well-Known Member

I like most of the thibgs about the new style of playing... The only thing I am really dispointed on is the way summoning will work.

Although true that helding some points in reserve to summon the exact tools you need during the game can provide a tactical advantage, it aldo brings many drawbacks to our armies such as:

1. If your slan iskilled than, boom! Thats not only the slann down but allso all the points you have in reserve

2. You are not guaranteed you will be able to summon as it a spell, and to worsen it some more, you are now only allowed to cast the same spell once per turn per army, independent of how many wizards know it. This means that unless you get a small summoning pool you wont be able to summon all the different units you wanted.

3. Now that summoning is not as good as before the slann's magic use is very disapointing, his inherit spell is not that good and the other two can be thrown by simple skink priest that will probably be cheaper. So the slann escentially becomes a support model.

This is all still based on speculation, and I gess we will have to wait and see how summoning will be comped but the ways things are looking at the moment I dont like it that much.

If it was something simillar to the SCGT comp than the story changes because this allows you to get as much as twice the points you hold on reserve makint the potential benefits worth the risk.

What dou you guys think about the new way summoning is suposed to work?

Do you like it?

Juxtion and Bowser like this.
  14. Skorp
    Saurus

Skorp Active Member

You raise good points and I was definitely disappointed a bit reading the summoning rules. I'd love to read a caveat where if your summoners are gone your reserve can come in randomly somewhat like 40k reserves. But i guess that really defeats the purpose of needing a caster in your list for it.

Bowser likes this.
  15. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I'm good with it, I can still wreck stuff, Ijust need to think about how and where to summon, and if I use Slann or Engine to summon certain things. Obviously if I reserve Kroak for a phase two surprise I am going defensive now then I use the Engine, same with some of the bigger costing ones like OldBlood on Carnosaur and such, Smaller summons I leave to the slann. Until my pool is depleted, in which case I would use the Engine again keep my slann casting the other spells.

16. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

17. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

Bowser likes this.
  18. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

"Matrix is similar to the old iPad/digital campaign sets where 1 game effects the next."
    I am really looking forward to this one.

19. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Everything is good, if it will serve to stop the whining about summoning... :wtf:

Bowser likes this.
  20. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

double post, sorry. The connection hiccuped...