1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Gettin' the Host back together- 3D Prints!

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Croco Guard, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

If you don't want the creepy DE cold ones hit me up. Also I can help identify things

2. Croco Guard
    Cold One

Croco Guard Well-Known Member

Cool, I have no idea on some of these miniatures and gladiator duck miniature searches aren't being helpful. Going over today to pick up more boxes. I'll see how many old cold ones I get, might have an idea in the wings. I very likely won't sell any, but if I do the I'll be telling these forums first.

3. Croco Guard
    Cold One

I might have been a little too quick to think I won't sell anything... IMG_4324.jpg
    Of immediate interest to the forum there is a box of bloodbowl lizardmen, but I don't think from games workshop, can't recognize these guys from other companies either. IMG_4325.jpg

With the majority of the cases in these boxes being historical figures like these. IMG_4327.jpg
    There are also 15mm of napoleonic era troops, Vikings, Zulu, and all sorts I haven't looked through yet.

Captaniser and Warden like this.
  4. Croco Guard
    Cold One

First try at greenstuff! I think when I try agains I'll have to have some different tools and plan a bit more. IMG_4339.jpg Sorry he is kinda blurry. The Burning Shore is a bit of a Lesser known warhammer book I think. It is the first of the Florin and Lorenzo trilogy and is notable for having a large lizardman presence. The second book deals with the ogre kingdoms with the third taking place in Bordelaux. While working on this guy I realized just how rediculously long the cover art saurus' tail is. Anyhow, more work to be done on him. General tips of greenstuff modeling is welcome, and I'll be reading more myself.

5. Croco Guard
    Cold One

Update on this saurus based on the Burning Shore book cover! Just have to decide how to base him now and a few touch-ups. IMG_4418.jpg Definitely more used to painting in blues than reds, but I like how he is turning out!

6. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

That's a pretty good tribute, the color is spot on!

Captaniser likes this.
  7. Croco Guard
    Cold One

I really slacked off finishing this guy, but here he is with a proper base!

IMG_4504.jpg IMG_4505.jpg IMG_4506.jpg IMG_4507.jpg IMG_4508.jpg

I would say I have 2 lessons learned from this guy. To not be scared of greenstuff, but have tools on hand for it rather than relying on fingers and an xacto knife. It might not show as much in photos, but I also lost a lot of definition spray priming this guy because I rushed it.

On to painting my new shadespire Sepulchar Guard!

And as an update, the boxes of miniatures I received included an original in box pack of dark elf blood bowl players as far as warhammer goes. I know there are also a small amount of 40k minis in random places. Additionally some of the historic figures that still had a box were from the Minifigs Napoleonics range. If only they all still had labels.

8. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Looks really good, maybe just darken in between the tiles on the base.

Croco Guard likes this.
  9. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Very nice work! :artist:

10. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yeah, looking good!

11. Croco Guard
    Cold One

Hello, this is Croco.

Been a while but I'm back with pictures to show!

IMG_5119.jpg
    IMG_5120.jpg
    IMG_5118.jpg

The warden's face got a bit clogged due to me fretting and repainting it too many times but otherwise I simply followed the warhammer tv tutorial because I liked his default colors so much! We had some scrap planks at work and I had plenty of time in our workshop with nothing to do so I made a nice place for paints and tools. It will surely be organized soon so don't look at how random the paint placement is. Dimensions are roughly a foot and a half long along with a foot both wide and tall.

Cageyblood, Warden and tom ndege like this.
  12. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Nice looking undead!

Croco Guard likes this.
  13. Aginor
    Slann

Agree, good job!

Croco Guard likes this.
  14. Croco Guard
    Cold One

Yo, those bloodbowl lizardmen I posted before are called reptiliads and they also have normal fantasy troops as I've figured out looking through some crates.

Speaking of crates, I had to put them in our storage building to clear up some space, but I took some pictures of their contents first. I don't want to flood this thread with 100 photos so for those interested, in no particular order, Croco's mystery crates.

http://imgur.com/a/BgNiy2J
    http://imgur.com/a/u9Vhs2P
    http://imgur.com/a/BzADdXy
    http://imgur.com/a/40jAfbI
    http://imgur.com/a/G6JgkTv
    http://imgur.com/a/6VFPy0G
    http://imgur.com/a/F0lRQIp

Citadel miniatures include some metal imperial guard wearing fuzzy hats, and about 3 adeptus sororitas.

Cageyblood and Aginor like this.
  15. Pyro5torm
    Skink

Pyro5torm New Member

Hi quick question what paints did you use on the blue scales saurus with beige underside in your first post as it looks really good!

I'd like to give it a go myself as I'm currently struggling to find a scheme I like.

16. Croco Guard
    Cold One

It has been a bit so I might be a little off, but for the saurus itself he is temple Guard blue drybrushed with etherium blue for spikes and scales sticking up, with a drakenhof nightshade wash. Afterwards highlight with the same temple Guard blue again if memory serves. Tan underside was done at the time with jack bone from p3. The equivalent would be either ushtabi bone or screaming skull perhaps? Washed with seraphim sepia, highlighted back up with the jack bone once more. Retributor armour for the gold washed with seraphim sepia as well. Black of the armor done with abanddon black drybrushed with eshin grey.

For inspiration on the colors I looked at Aeon Calcos from soul calibur, and some of my favorite monsters from Monster Hunter (also total war Warhammer lizardmen look neat to me with their underside different color). I can imagine there are easier ways of doing my same scheme but those were the steps with me.

Been doing video game perlers from Mario rpg for the past few weeks, so here's the "painting" table.

IMG_5299.jpg

17. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Those look great! @Bowser looks especially great!

Bowser likes this.
  18. Croco Guard
    Cold One

Rest of the Skelly squad is done. Didn't spend as much time on each individually as their big-caped captain. All washed with agrax earthshade then brightened up with ushabti bone. I feel my faces are possibly the weakest point with paint hiding some details like teeth or nose holes.

Next on the docket is more perlers before I move on to either my dark souls miniatures or unassembled lizardmen.
    IMG_5488.JPG IMG_5497.jpg IMG_5498.jpg IMG_5499.jpg IMG_5500.jpg IMG_5503.jpg IMG_5504.jpg

19. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Skeletons are hard to paint especially the tiny details, you have to panel line to pop the detail but another way is glazing. Try glazing with brown, might take 2 coats.

Croco Guard likes this.
  20. Aginor
    Slann

That group of Skellies has some really nice sculpts, I enjoyed painting them.