1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gluing Stegs howdah on?

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by SwiftChameleon, Aug 18, 2009.

1. SwiftChameleon
    Skink

SwiftChameleon New Member

So im wondering what do fellow Lizard players do when they have finished their Stegadon, crew and howdah, do u guys glue the crew to the howdah and glue the howdah onto the steg? i was gonna do it that way but im wondering about transportation, do people have any trouble doing it this way?

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

There is no real need to glue the howdah on, it clicks into place very nicely on its own. Not gluing it will make transport easier because you can easily pull it apart so it is not as tall, especially for the engine of the gods.

The skinks will need to be secured somehow, there is no way they will all fit with bases. Lots of people do glue them down onto the howdah, I am opting to magnetize them on by drilling tiny holes in their feet to place thin wire and drilling holes in the howdah for rare earth magnets. Another way to do it would be to use pegs, leave some wire poking out from the bottom of their feet and drill an equally sized hole in the howdah for it to fit into.

3. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Magnetizing is too much work for me, so I just glued mine down. Strewart is right about the howdah though; it just clicks into place on the steggies back and it makes transporting it a lot easier.

4. thesecondman
    Temple Guard

thesecondman New Member

Avoid gluing bro.

5. SwiftChameleon
    Skink

SwiftChameleon New Member

Ok cheers guys. Looks like i won't glue it down to make it easier for tranportation.

6. jormi_boced
    Ripperdactil

jormi_boced New Member

I click my howdah in and have magnetized my crew. That way I can pull them off when they die. Also, I have a seperate magnetized base for my priest so he can run around on his own in games I don't use the steg or if the steg dies. He rarely outlives the steg though:)