1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog godswearhats Lizardmen

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by godswearhats, Feb 18, 2014.

1. godswearhats
    Saurus

godswearhats New Member

If any of you listen to the Dimensional Cascade podcast, you'll know that at the start of the year I made a resolution to finish my Wood Elves and start on my Lizardmen.

Well, I will be done painting 3,000 points of Wood Elves by the end of this month (in time for GottaCon) and then I'll be ready to get started assembling and painting my Lizardmen army.

In the meantime, I have done an initial design (on computer) of my display board. I thought it would be fitting to post that as the starting point. You can see the army list here, if you're interested.

12621526054_0bd57bcf3a.jpg
    Lizardmen Display Board by godswearhats, on Flickr

The board will feature three "steps' like the side of a stepped pyramid with top step being quite ornate like a dais or altar might be, as well as some actual steps up the center leading to a doorway in the center (the top of the doorway will blend in with the decoration for the top step. In this way, it's not completely flat and gives the infantry some elevation so that they can easily be seen beside the big monsters at the front.

I have some ideas on how I'm going to paint everything and model the board to fit the army. I mentioned some of them in the podcast, but I'll expand on them here as they come into fruition.

Comments welcomed!
    ~gwh

2. rd4
    Saurus

rd4 New Member

Sounds like a great ideea! I'd love to see how a (near) all skink army would do in a game! Have fun with it, and keep us regularly updated!

3. MHK Pathfinder
    Cold One

MHK Pathfinder Member

Cool design! Look forward to seeing how it turns out! Also keep up the good work with the podcast. Just found it, and even though I'm not in the Seattle area, I find it immensely entertaining.

4. godswearhats
    Saurus

godswearhats New Member

Thanks, on both counts!

One of my co-hosts and gaming buddies has an airbrush, so I'm getting to grips with that before tackling the big monsters.

5. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

Don't all elf players have a hairbrush?

fnvv.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your layout.

6. godswearhats
    Saurus

godswearhats New Member

Hahahah! This elf player doesn't have enough hair for a hairbrush :)