1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Good realm bonuses

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Stega, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Stega
    Skink

Stega Member

I played yesterday against beastmen with a substandard list (I've only got 1050 worth of my own models so we did this). We picked realm of fire and rolled the D6 and got 2, which increases missile weapons rend by -1 when shot over 12".

This was insanely effective. Despite me not yet having a slann and him summoning beastmen everywhere after sacrificing lots of his own, my 20 man blob of skinks was incredible. First turn he advanced his tzaangor skyfires just out of shooting distance (stupidly) and I moved up in my turn and shot at them with my stegadons skystreak bow (-2 rend over 12") my oldbloods gauntlet (-2) and my 20 skinks with boltspitters (-1). Wiped them clean off the battlefield before they could do anything. Every other game they have been very pesky so this was satisfying. His face was hilarious! The -1 for the skinks and the adding 1 to hit because they had 20 made them more effective than I could have thought.

Basically I'd recommend this realm as it's pretty fun (need to roll a 2 for that bonus though). You can also set fire to terrain pieces.

I was wondering if anyone has had any more fun with some realm rules (or bad luck!)??

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Realm of Aqshi is one our better realms. Pretty much all the Realmscape Features are useful to us. Or is not useful we can skirt their negative effects via LoSaT.

3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

That missile rend is hilarious for skinks yeah, especially with how cheap they are. They're still not going to hit much, but you now just get a massive quantity of attacks with rend. Add in some re-rolls or +1's here and there (or just, throw a crapton of skinks at the problem) and it'l quickly spiral out of control.

LizardWizard likes this.