1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Grand Alliance Death coming..

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by StealthKnightSteg, Feb 9, 2016.

1. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

Bainbow and Phoedinn like this.
  2. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Phoedinn Well-Known Member

Seams intresting. I'm shocked at the price though! I don't even play death and I would be tempted if it had some nice fluff and art :) But i'll probably still wait for the next major Seraphon release, I'm still holding out hope for some interesting developments.

3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I don't have any death models but they do appeal but I have enough on the go and my wallet is staying firmly shut for a while.

Oh and nice Avatar, @n810 did a good job

4. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Very tempting price, but waiting to see about Tomb Kings, I have a few models and I want to do a Animated Construct army with swarms.

Needs new construct models.

Bainbow likes this.
  5. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

Wouldn't much of the Tomb Kings force fall under the "Deathrattle Legions" banner? That's what they're calling skeletons these days isn't it?

6. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

Maybe, but skeletons is something in VC also and those are aesthetically closer to the rest of the range. Also the amount of warscrolls in the Grand Alliance book suggests only VC warscrolls.

7. Fhanados
    Terradon

That would be disappointing. I always fancied Tomb Kings as a potential second army

8. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

just saw an email from GW coming by on FB confirming the discontinuation of Tomb Kings

models will be up in last chance to buy section soon (probably this Saturday)

9. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Phoedinn Well-Known Member

Wow.....I glad that at least it wasn't Seraphon/Lizardmen, but still..... A whole army?

10. Fhanados
    Terradon

That's really sad, I love TKs. I hope they at least rolled SOME of their models into the new Death army, those snake guys and the Sphinx are really cool. At least they can still be played with the PDF.

Pretty relieved it wasn't us though, after our model-less release and no new stuff during the End Times I was sure we were going to be phased out.

11. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Have to buy a few more things from the place for my TK. A month of spending damn.... About 4 more models I need, I will convert the rest, maybe.
    I had the discussion with the Manager, it's true about it being Saturday. Hopefully I can still use the Warscrolls when I get around to finishing them.

12. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

13. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

AWWWW SHIT, NOT THIS GW, FIRST YOU OFFERED US NICE PRICES FOR STARTING SETS AND NOW YOU ARE REMOVING A WHOLE ARMY.

Just checked the site, and every "Grand Alliance: Death" are just Vampires with unnecesary subsubfactions.

While I can't see myself playing them, they had amazing miniatures. Whats worst, they leave us with a broken rulset from the last Fantasy Edition.

Well, apparently they stoped to sell. Everybody loves the Lizards, Chaos, but TK never had such a popularity. I'm worried about this, because maybe the next time we can say good bye to the Ogres. and say hello to even more ridiculous prices.

14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

15. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

:mad:

This is the only thing I can really say.
    I've just started to buy some TK as third army... I really love the Egyptian theme too.
    Luckily, there's always Ebay, but it's a shame.

16. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Brought what my budget allows :( Really wanted to slowly expand on the construct army. I have a feeling ebay will be more expensive.
    Got my Usabti with great weapons, Tomb scorpion and two Necrotects. Wanted my Necrosphinx and Necropolis Knights but they will have to be converted, not chucking more out as much as I want.

Going to convert some Tomb Swarms. I might end up using the Carrion in the army too of the construct army, just because the rules they have.

17. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Well, no, they will discountinue them, so eBay ones will also be limited, someday every basic infantry unit available will be gone for good.

18. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

So they are not just going to rename them like the lizardmen, they will fade out and "die"?

19. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Well, yes, but there’s not a close deadline as "end of this month".

20. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

No one can tell, seriously, I'm betting that Sphinx are the first models to dissapear.

Also, as a side-note, we have a new Start Collecting! Space Wolves and the battle for Vedros this week http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Vedros?_requestid=3140097