1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Grand Tournament Final List

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by LordRibbit, Mar 29, 2017.

1. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

LordRibbit Well-Known Member

So I have two lists up made up, the first is the list I qualified with and another which I think could be interesting! Comments welcome!

1st list:
    Skink priest (100) priestly trappings
    3 x Rippers (140)
    5 x chameleon skinks (120)

Eternity starhost (80)
    3 x 10 guard (600)
    Eternity warden (140) Phoenix Stone

Old Blood on Carnosaur (320) Quicksilver potion
    Starseer (160)
    Scar Vet on cold one (G) (100) Legendary fighter, relic blade
    2000pts

2nd list:
    Oldblood On Carnosaur (320) Quicksilver potion, Master of Defence
    Scar Vet on Carnosaur (260) Quicksilver potion
    Scar Vet on cold one (100)
    Eternity Warden (140)

10 x knights with lances (240)
    10 x guard (200)
    10 x guard (200)

Blood claw starhost (100)

skink priest (100)
    skink starpriest (100)

2000pts

ljwylde and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I guess that depends, what didn't work in the first list?

3. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

The 2nd list seems really strong as well. My only consideration :
    How will you react vs range oriented armies ?
    Also : 20 guards is a good amount of wounds but too many units of the new armies - which I guess we should consider 100% possible that you 'll be facing since many experienced players love going to tournaments with the newest armies etc - spam way too many mortal wounds ( Sigmarines' Cavarly, Tzeentz .. ) etc. Your plan against such armies ?

4. Drcrabs
    Skink

Drcrabs New Member

I really like the first list, its giving me ideas.. I'm curious how you use the Old Blood on the Carno and the Scar-Vet on the Coldone. Do you keep them back and strike when its time? Do you keep on the flanks? Sure I suppose a lot depends on whats going on the other side of the table so what I'm asking is what is your general idea and purpose of using those two models with the rest of list.

5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

What does the Bloodclaw do again, use 4 Command abilities?

In the second list you don't have 4 command abilities (3 I think) so would splitting one unit of guards into 2*5 and taking the Eternal starhost be better or is having 2 extra command abilities that strong?

I've no idea just curious to know :)

Bowser likes this.
  6. Drofnum
    Cold One

Drofnum Well-Known Member

The stacked command abilities can get really powerful, with his the 4 hero's get +2 attacks to one weapon, reroll hit and charge of 1 and one unit can get an extra attack on 6's to hit. Stack all of that on the scar vet or old blood on carno, throw in the starpriests venom which doubles jaw damage and you can have up to 7 jaw attacks doing D3x2 or 6 damage each, rerolling 1's to hit and getting extra attacks on 6's to hit.

I played a similar list last weekend and had just the jaws of my old blood dish out 18 damage in one turn.

7. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

I think the problem our army has now is with every new release we slip further down the pecking order. My first list did great, I came 17th out of 100 and tbh I don't think the second is better I'm just interested in seeing what kind of damage output it could do. Not much Seraphon could do about high mortal wound output armies unless you go for a horde approach.

Seraphage, Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  8. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

The scar vet gives the re-roll of charges and hits of 1s so I tend to start in a close group then he and the oldblood peel off to go monster hunting. Scar vet on cold one has the best all round command ability and is pretty good in combat with relic blade and legendary fighter can kill off heroes. Believe it or not its actually a pretty aggressive list! If I go second I buff the army with priestly trappings then bang the wardrums to move the guard 10. Seers re-rolls gives a very good chance of a double turn then BAM! A lot of attacks most re-rolling 1s and armour saves with the shadowstrike hitting the rear at the same time

9. Drofnum
    Cold One

Drofnum Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of Saurus myself so I would go bloodclaw, I know others are a bit more partial to the skinks for some silly reason :p

In my league i'm playing something similar to your second list and I tabled my buddies Ironjawz in 3 rounds while losing a unit of knights and one scar vet. Granted he made some pretty bad tactical choices which enabled me to get charges off first but it was still a very effective force. I did swap the guard for warriors to give myself a larger screen, not sure which is better honestly. Could definitely be made a bit more scary at 2k as well, we played at 1500.

Allegiance: Order

Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (320)
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
    Saurus Sunblood (120)
    Skink Starpriest (100)
    5 x Saurus Knights (120)
    5 x Saurus Knights (120)
    5 x Saurus Guard (100)
    Bastiladon (300)
    Bloodclaw Starhost (100)

Crowsfoot, Bowser and LordRibbit like this.
  10. Aphotic
    Saurus

Aphotic Active Member

That's the one thing that has put me off from 40k lately. The large amounts of high strength and low AP weaponry has made the game not fun for me anymore. I like playing more casual/thematic lists and my local groups bring more things competitive without consideration.

I was hoping AoS would have few units that could deal mortal wounds, so the statement above is concerning slightly.

Sorry to derail, just my thoughts.

Bowser likes this.