1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings everyone! I figured I'd say hello to you all!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Matzotyl, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Matzotyl
    Cold One

Matzotyl Active Member

Greetings everyone, Matzotyl here. I figured I would get things started here in my tenure on Lustria Online by letting you all get to know me a bit. I'm relatively new to Warhammer and the glorious Lizardmen are my first army. I have experience building and painting models in the past (mostly planes and cars) but I've found the Warhammer models very fun to build and paint! I will end up getting to post some photos of my models later on, but I'm looking forward to sharing them with you all, getting to know the community here, and some critiques and comments on my lists. Thanks for having me here and have a great day/night everyone!

n810 likes this.
  2. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to bask in our shiny new spawning pools like a Kroxigor on a hot day.

Looking forward to seeing your models! Don't be shy to ask questions. We pride ourselves on being overly helpful.

n810 likes this.
  3. Matzotyl
    Cold One

Matzotyl Active Member

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've posted a thread here where you can find some of my work.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
  4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Welcome to the forum!

5. Matzotyl
    Cold One

Matzotyl Active Member

Thank you! Is that a top hat I see on your Slann there? Very nice touch.

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Thanks! I used that Slann as my wedding cake topper (my wife painted a Wood Elf spellsinger). Since it was a wedding, I found it only fitting to give the Slann a top hat and bow tie! :)

7. Matzotyl
    Cold One

Matzotyl Active Member

Dressed for the occasion I see lol. Do you ever lead your Lizardmen into battle against your wife's Wood Elf army? I'm assuming she plays Wood Elves if she used that Spellsinger for the cake.

8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

YUP... her Wood Elves have faced both my Lizardmen and Warriors of Chaos armies! The Wood Elves have not fared all to well up to this point. :D

9. Matzotyl
    Cold One

Matzotyl Active Member

Nice! I got my first win playing against Wood Elves (I've only played 4 so far, and my first three games were all just mainly me learning the basics on tactics and how to play.) That game though my friend did run a bit of an unusual list. He went with like absolutely no shooting which is odd cuz usually that's where his army does the most damage. I dunno if he was going easy on me or just wanting to try something different, but his Dryads and Tree Man just couldn't go toe to toe with my Saurus Warriors, Old Blood, and Carnosaur in close combat that game.

10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Dryads used to be quite good in the previous Wood Elves army book, but now they are considered pretty sub-par and are rarely fielded. Treemen are pretty good, but nothing that we can't handle.

11. Matzotyl
    Cold One

Matzotyl Active Member

The Carnosaur did end up falling in that game, but he didn't go down without taking a good chunk of that 30 Dryad block down with him.

12. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Before the recent new book, Dryads were practically the only decent thing the Wood Elves have. Now they are practically the only bad thing the Wood Elves have. Overcompensating.

Welcome to the forum and nice army.

I took the liberty of fixing your link for you using my incredible mod powers.

Like Qupakoco said, let us know if you questions about anything be it tactics, rules, fluff, or painting related.

13. Matzotyl
    Cold One

Matzotyl Active Member

Thank you very much for using your mod powers to fix my post for me, and for the compliments on my army! I won't be afraid to ask any questions because I'm sure you all are very knowledgeable about the Lizardmen and will be a great source of both information and inspiration!

14. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

Welcome to Lustria, Matzotyl! I hope you find the forum useful :) great work on your army so far.

A use for models I'd never considered before! Mayhaps there's a business in there somewhere....;)

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  15. Matzotyl
    Cold One

Matzotyl Active Member

Thank you very much Slanputin, but you are right, perhaps there is something that we could do in regards to getting into the "models for other uses" buisness...