1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS GT Finals 2000pt List

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by LordRibbit, Sep 8, 2017.

1. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

LordRibbit Well-Known Member

So after much much deliberation I've finally settled on my list for the finals in October, decided that with the new horde meta I may have a better chance with an anti horde list:

Slann Great Rememberer, Prism of Amnotek
    Starseer
    Skink Priest, Priestly Trappings, Celestial Rites
    Eternity Warden, Coronal Shield

10 Guard
    10 Guard
    5 Guard
    20 Skinks with Boltspitters

2 x Bastildon with Solar Engine

Eternity Starhost

1990 Points

The idea is to use curse of fates and re-rolls to give me good control over teleporting especially turn 1, get the Bastis in close to snipe mortal wound output units or heroes. In the case of fast moving horde armies the skink unit will be a meat shield to take charges allowing the guard to pile in and use their D3 damage.

It's a tough army when buffed and will be very hard to shift with many mortal wound units (I hope)

2. Joshmunga
    Skink

Joshmunga Member

Yeah that seems pretty dang solid. The Eternal Starhost is my favorite and I love watching people suffer as they figure out how to kill my gaurd. Baiting a charge with skinks to try to get the pile-in, in order to not move the gaurd seems very unlikely IMO. Have you had success with it before?

3. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

Yes several times, mostly when I know my opponent can hit me with a first turn charge and they aren't too sure about what seraphon can do

Joshmunga and Paul Beenis like this.
  4. Meatgrinder
    Skink

Meatgrinder Member

Im actually going to try something like this next time I get a game in. Id pretty much shelved my guard in the last ghb but Im still wrking on my warriors to replace them so I have an abundance of guard. I'll let you know how I get on. Id be similarly interested on how you do in your practice games for the GT. In particular the guard choice and how your local meta shapes up with the new GHB.

LordRibbit likes this.
  5. Full Metal Maggot
    Skink

Full Metal Maggot Member

Remember though the guard only have the D3 damage on your turn though so usually they just end up charging into the guard. 2+ rerollable doesn't get you many casualties anyways. I only use the skinks to eat charges from things like bloodletters and paladin decimators. Otherwise I throw them out onto objectives using the teleport.

6. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

I will keep you posted although now I'm leaning more towards a fangs of sotek one drop option......