1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Combat phase in #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Well, the points are in the screenshot so don't think that'll happen. Azyr is handy because it saves the lists and keeps them there, and I can add my own photos :)

Bowser likes this.
  2. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

some better pictures

3. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Looks pretty good, I know a good place for female heads so some decent conversion possibilities there.

Bowser likes this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yeah, maybe I am just too paranoid because of my experiences with other companies doing such things. I'll try to be a bit more positive in the future. Benefit of doubt and so on. :)

As for Ms. Brightshield: *sigh*.

Bowser likes this.
  5. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

What's the issue with her?

Bowser likes this.
  6. Aginor
    Slann

Call me feminist, but for me there is absolutely no reason to give her that kind of armor. Why should she wear differently shaped - and probably less, I can't tell the way she is painted - armor than any other SCE?
    All the other female SCEs look normal. No need for silly boob armor IMO.

7. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Because women's bodies are differently shaped perhaps? I think you're taking "feminism" too far here. It's not like she is is scantily clad - she is wearing armour appropriate for her.

8. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

"Sarkeesian intensifies". JK, i see what you mean, but i don't really mind.

Bowser likes this.
  9. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

ok wait they finally completely put it down females are stormcast just as powerful as the as the male counterparts. But why the hell the boobplate I have always hated this since I was young and even when I first started hitting puberty and start armour like that was sexy as hell but even my Adolescent mind could not get over the fact it makes absolutely no sense. Yeah the high Fantasy game whatever but now when I look at the bookplate, all I think instead of making blows the deflect off the chest (yiu know what armor is meant to do)there going to be for sent to the centre and give them deeper impact when they would otherwise take a glancing blow. It would have just been easier and hell even cheaper from a business standpoint to just make female heads. Then again no matter how it goes do you need to have a clearly female model in order for people when they look at it to be yup that's a female unit. It's the same reason why I was going to buy some of the sisters of Silence to be unit or two of stormcast

Aginor and Bowser like this.
  10. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Go ask a woman how it would feel if they had to cram their boobs into a metal chest plate designed for men and get back to me :rolleyes:

Cristhian MLR and Bowser like this.
  11. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

I have done a lot of combat exercise and the woman that are part of it all wear the same armor as the men and most either tape down their chest or have a lot of support (sports bar, ect) you dont want to have tings moving around when you getting a kick to the chest or running. I get its fantasy and if i really wanted it to be historically correct i would say they should all be minus one breast as that is how the amazons did it to now have that thing get in the way of a bow. I know it will never go away and i dont mind it when done right but it will always be annoying and @Ritual is right at least shes not in a stormcast thong lol

12. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

So they wear something appropriate for their bodies...

It's not sexualising women, it's not giving them different armour for the sake of it... Feminism isn't about having everything exactly the same as men, it's about equality.

If they had stuck a woman's head on a standard stormcast body, someone would be complaining about it - let's be honest.

Cristhian MLR, Aginor and Bowser like this.
  13. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

You missed that part wear they are wearing the same armor...but ya in a something like females in fantasy armor you can make everyone happy and like i said in happy shes not in a stormcast thong

14. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I think it is more just a quick visual so people can immediately tell that this stormcast is a female. It makes no difference, you could call all your stormcast female, but this one is an easy reference point, shouldyou want a more feminine aesthetic to your stormcast army.

Cristhian MLR and Ritual like this.
  15. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on the armour and how it fits, personally I prefer the fact they have done something different.

Let's just be thankful they didn't go for this...

[​IMG]

16. Aginor
    Slann

Sorry that I stirred things up so much, I am not really angry about it, which is why I only wrote *sigh* originally.
    I won't get out the pitchforks, I just think it is sad that GW adheres to this - IMO - silly old trope. I liked the SCEs being uniform, without boob armor.

Women can wear the same armor plates as men. The different clothes are worn under the armor. Every real armor has lots of space under the plates, even for women with big breasts. The only reason for armor to be shaped that way is if you want to show you are a woman.

Google Brienne of Tarth from GoT. That's how armor looks on a woman. I really liked that they aimed for a realistic look and didn't sexualize her needlessly.

Oh and of course I agree: It could be worse. MUCH worse. At least her body is covered with armor and she isn't pink. So GW did a lot right there.

Bowser and Ritual like this.
  17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

They absolutely do... but you better get used to it. Welcome to the Fantasy Space Marine era.

I'm actually not against this. This will generate interest. It's better than just getting the same plain old Stormcast again.

18. Aginor
    Slann

I admit I have probably chosen a bit too harsh words there. I'm not too opposed against it.
    About the SCE in general: I don't mind them getting lots of stuff, I'd just like the others who really lack models (no, not Seraphon, we are lucky in that regard) to get some more instead.

Edit: and still some days left on the con. I am curious who else will get some new stuff! :)

19. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Absolutely, there are lots of armies out there who could do with some attention. On the plus side there's nothing that really suggests that Stormcast design investment detracts from other things too much - we're getting Dwarves! And potentially an elf related announcement today!

Bowser and Cristhian MLR like this.
  20. Aginor
    Slann

My fingers are crossed for the Death guys. Especially Deathrattle.
    Also for GHB2 stuff to fix summoning and/or magic in general.