1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Battleshock GONE! and more! AoS 4

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Neither.
    I got me some round bases and play them in my AoS army. (I mostly play at home so nobody cares that they aren't GW models)

2. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I do like the undead range; I have made a box of them. Nice cheap skeletons; while they are a bit on the cartoony side I was fine with that. Great way to get some undead into Mordheim.

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

For which AoS army?

4. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Missed this on the first read; that sounds more like a unit of models rather than a single model.

Like how the Slann could be fought only after its temple guard were killed to the point that now the slann was in base-to-base contact with the enemy, except much more structured.

Weird :confused:

5. Aginor
    Slann

Legions of Nagash.

I have around 60 Skeletons from GW (some kitbashed and including the Sepulchral Guard) and 40 from Mantic.
    And yes the Mantic ones do look a bit cheaper (and a tad smaller because more realistically sized. Their weapons, too.) But then they _are_ like 25% of the price per model. And as a big unit on the table you don't notice the difference. They are definitely better than the goofy old GW skellies in my book, and they bring a dog! :D

6. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

WildColonial Boy Well-Known Member

Some people will like these, just as they did the sigmarines, and the orks with so much armour you can barely see the faces.
    They wont fit in with existing TK armies.

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Personally I don't like any of those. But you are correct, it will align with some people's tastes.

+1

My thoughts exactly! They are just too different.

Seraphandy and GuaDan like this.
  8. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

That's just weird… seems wildly inpractical and something that'l quickly swing from overpowered to underpowered depending on if a certain stage is super effective in a certain situation and how easy it can be skipped. Or even just keep him stuck in an earlier form if that's his "weakest" in this particular match-up (e.g. get it stuck in a wizard form that is terrible at combat if you have loads of unbinding)

Also the only way I can think of to make this even remotely work is with the approach as Morathi who simply can only take X wounds. But I do hope they don't go that way. That mechanic is a giant pain as it effectivly makes the model immortal if it can avoid 1-2 rounds of combat.

Imho, even for AoS these are extremely bulky. Even SCE feel less bulky.

Seraphandy and GuaDan like this.
  9. Aginor
    Slann

Another day, another look at them, and I think my favourites are the catapult (minus the crew) and the four armed dudes (strangely I don't mind their weird heads).

10. Aginor
    Slann

Not going to repost the (Spanish) Ossiarch Battletome leaks from 4chan, but some of that stuff does look cool.
    A bit... over-engineered though. I would like them a bit less greebly and more orderly.
    But the leaks are bad quality. We will see them in better quality soon and can then judge.

Captaniser likes this.
  11. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

I've seen those pictures too. It appears that Arkhan will be in the army aswell, you can see part of his warscroll.

12. Aginor
    Slann

Yeah. Which reinforces my fears that Deathrattle will be replaced by the new dudes.

Two Mortarchs for one faction is weird. Perhaps Arkhan has to supervise the new guy as Nagash doesn't fully trust him yet.

...and I am painting Arkhan right now so I admit it drags me toward the new dudes a bit...

Captaniser likes this.
  13. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Hopefully the regular skeletons won't be phased out, but it also begs the questions, why won't the regular skeltons be integrated into the primary skelton faction?
    Deathrattle wouldn't even be hard to merge into the Ossiarch army and it would make it a much more balanced force in the process. You could even make the lore something about how the regular skeletons are from the people who wouldn't pay the bonetithe, and are forced to eternally be shattered and remade, also they are completely conscious to put in the mandatory grimdark.

ChapterAquila92 and Canas like this.
  14. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

The big and chunky Gothizzar Harvester is now here. It has an adorable face if you ask me.

[​IMG]

15. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Well, we saw the AoS version of Tyranid Warriors, now here comes the AoS Carnifex! ;)

But then, Tyranids are one of my favourite 40K armies, so it’s all good.

Necrolith Colossus substitute anyone?

ChapterAquila92 and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  16. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

It also has a much more badass crocodilian head option:
    [​IMG]
    Also shown are some elite versions of the Tyranid Warrior chaps, probably from the same kit as the other ones:
    [​IMG]
    These would make much better Ushabti, especially if they were painted with a stone colour scheme.

And also here’s an entire Bonereaper army:
    [​IMG]

Imrahil and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  17. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

To be honest, it kinda feels like a stormfiend to me. Also why does he have a creepy looking guy in his crotch.

Also the article in which that thing is show-cased mentioned both order and destruction are getting battletomes, plural, in the next few weeks. I'm not sure if they just mean the cities of sigmar & greenskin tomes, but it almost sounds like there's a couple more coming. Which is interesting.

Also, the article shows yet more multi-armed skeleton things. They look even sillier. At least the previous ones wielded 4 swords, these just wield an halberd and shield but need 4 hands for that cuz reasons.

18. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

...that's some bad taste patchwork . :p

19. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I can see why you thought this, but its size is more akin to a Carnifex, it has the same hunched over body shape, the claws look just like Tomb King versions of Carnifex crushing claws and its tail sticks straight out behind it like in the Carnifex kit.

Yeah, that’s probably the one thing I would have to change if I got this model. I honestly don’t know why GW did that, as surely the creature can just scoop up handfuls of bones in his massive claws?

Canas likes this.
  20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That is so strange. What an unsightly model.