1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Battleshock GONE! and more! AoS 4

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Bad news has arrived in that Rogue Trader is set for September - it may be that this nonsense for stupid Kill Team will be muscling itself in over Moonclan, with yet more rubbish for Nurgle too! :mad:

2. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

That is true, how Azgorh have a lot of bulls. How GW like to make plastic models of the Forgeworld ones, well only some.
    Very interesting, also it makes me wonder if there is more than one Endless Spell for whatever faction, how the previous few had more than one.

3. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

There are rumours that it's for Darkoath, but I really hope not. If GW had any sense of justice they would put Moonclan first and push Darkoath to November.

little-myth likes this.
  4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I highly doubt it. It would be awesome though. The best Dwarfs are Chaos Dwarfs (even better than Fyreslayers :p;)). Everything is better with a little bit of Chaos taint! :cool:

Warden and Nefertem like this.
  5. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I'm liking that firey bull

6. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

The former I agree with, the latter is debatable, but Chaos Dwarfs are still better than Sigmarines, Sylvaneth Revenants and everything else that is wrong with AoS. It would be great to see plastic Chaos Dwarfs, but unlikely. It is likely though that those endless spells could be for them as they have had a Warscroll Compendium for Second Edition released for them. I just hope it isn't Darkoath as Moonclan deserve to come before them.

7. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Well according to Warhammer Community, those Kill Team boxes and scenery will be arriving this week alongside the new edition of Middle Earth, which I'm actually pleased about because if they get Rogue Trader out of the way the week after, the NOVA preview will then be revealed during the countdown to Rogue Trader which will then announce the race to be launched in September, which will give GW a good 3 weeks at least to get some stuff for this race out before the Orks arrive. I've found that another reason why it should be Moonclan is that as there will be 3 weeks available rather than the whole month, it's more likely that it will be an update to an existing race, i.e. Moonclan, as there may well not be enough time to launch a brand new faction, which Darkoath will be.

8. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

You do know that GW plan their releases months in advance, I think it's a 3 month schedule

9. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Just seen that on the Grand Alliance, but I just really want to see Moonclan come before Darkoath as not only does Destruction need a new tome more than Chaos, it would also fit in with Orks coming immediately after. We'll see what NOVA brings anyway - Grand Alliance folk say that GW may have switched around the Moonclan announce with the Rogue Trader and Kill Team stuff to keep us waiting.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  10. little-myth
    Carnasaur

This was posted on the Age of Sigmar page, no idea where to put it but it's rather funny. Maybe also hinting? Trying to remember if they hinted before with these. I think they did with the Deepkin, having them confused with the Fellwater Troggoths?
    39775314_886323691564425_6816887060448673792_n.jpg

Edit: Makes me want to paint some Beastmen now, but haven't got any primed

11. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

That may well mean that Brayherd are the next army to be updated either before Moonclan and Darkoath, or after. It certainly means that when they do get an update, it’ll most likely be the whole faction, i.e. Brayherds and Warherds together, first due to the bull looking like the miniature and now the poster talking about mutated goats which are the basis of Brayherd. I’m looking forward to seeing what they do with them anyway as it’s been a very long time since Beastmen got any love.

little-myth likes this.
  12. little-myth
    Carnasaur

I don't mind that bit of waiting, need to try and get more for my Tyranids and get started building Dark Eldar, the joys of my list being expensive because it's filled with stuff like Clawed Fiends, Khymera and Razorwings. So much good stuff this year!

13. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I would say Tyranids take priority though - they are more awesome regardless of the ridiculous advantage Dark Eldar get over them due to poisoned attacks across their army.

little-myth likes this.
  14. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

If they update Beastmen (hopefully merging warherd+Brayherd together and adding some new models) that will be...
    A: HUGE
    B: Disappointing for Destruction players as they deserve an update ASAP, they are by far the weakest Grand Alliance
    C: A bit sad for me as I might have played them as my new "underdog army" because they are so bad. If I play them after the update I will be seen as a bandwagon guy who jumps on the latest strong stuff....
    D: All of the above.

15. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Looks chaos dwarfish to me!

Really funny poster, makes me think of some of the humor inherent in mordheim.

Wondering if the new beastmen will still be chaos aligned? Main reason I say this is that while granted, they are "children of the dark gods" their MO is the destruction of civilization and a return to anarchy. Would fly in the face of all the old lore though

little-myth likes this.
  16. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Yup, plus I've already got a lot of Tyranids, it's just adding on more heavy hitters and other models I am missing. Dark Eldar is going to be a slow one. £15 per Clawed Fiend. It's a beast/Talos mix army.

17. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Gone are the days when beastclaw ruled the scene...
    Yeah, actually destruction is the weakest faction... but it's still a new experience for them. Death was the last in line up to a bunch of months ago, before the release of legions of Nagash, nighthaunt battletome and War of the souls

18. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Guys! Guys! 24 man boxes! Yippee FB_IMG_1535208003196.jpg

19. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

well at least that big starter box looked neat.

Though what most surpirsed me is the various collection ones you can pre-order now. You seem to need very very few models to make a halfway functional army for the lotr game.

20. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Amazing Troggoth got revealed, coming to Warhammer Underworld
    CitadelSeminar-Aug25-Troggoth-3lq.jpg

Makes me wish on running a Troggoth army, with the Hag leading them but they have no battleline.

Edit* Gah I might do it later on, just for the fun. I love my Troggoths but at the moment, running just them is impossible unless it's open play