1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Combat phase in #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

[​IMG]

Killer Angel likes this.
  2. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I am not keen on ordering the GW Oxylotl model anymore thanks to @Lost Kingdom Miniatures beautiful chameleon hero!

But then again I did love that Tenehuanin model, I may be tempted to get one if its not over $45 :shifty:

3. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Has anyone anywhere stated which material (resin / metal) this batch of made-to-orders are in?

Curious about the Brets, Dwarves, etc.

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

It should be failcast.;)

5. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

It all depends what they were before they were stopped being sold. I did hear some of them being resin. Now if only I can remember that far back

The Zekenator likes this.
  6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I've been after Oxylotl for around 2 years and I've seen him on ebay for £45+ so I'm well chuffed he is on made to order :)

7. The Zekenator
    Skink

The Zekenator Member

Exactly. They have the same material and price than the last day they were being sold. For example: Thorgrim will be failcast and quite expensive (about 50$)
    but the last time we saw Tehenhauin, It was metal-casted and not so expensive (about 20$)

For old minis this is great (I bought Grom the Paunch last month, metal casted for 25€)

little-myth and Crowsfoot like this.
  8. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

[​IMG]
    Just wondering, why do you like Slaanesh so much? I mean, I prefer Slaanesh to Nurgle, but I just can't see any reason why they could be the cause of such excitement. It isn't just me either - I'm pretty sure Slaanesh is the least popular Chaos god among the majority of the Warhammer-playing populace, and certainly not as popular as Destruction as a whole.

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

To be honest Slaanesh is not my favourite of the Chaos Gods. My order goes as follows:
    1. Tzeentch
    2. Slaanesh
    3. Khorne
    4. Nurgle

I just want to see what GW comes up with. Their new greater deamons have been pretty spectacular, so I'm curious what the Keeper of Secrets will look like. Slaanesh is often the forgotten Chaos god, it is about time they get some attention.

10. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I more or less agree with that list except I would swap Khorne and Slaanesh. Nevertheless, I do agree with your assessment there. In any case, I'm still revelling in the fact that GW have bothered to give the Beastmen some love - 8 years it has been since they last did so, and that was when they released the Ghorgon, Cygor and Jabberslythe models along with the plastic Bray-Shaman.

11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Personally I've never really been a Beastmen fan, but I can definitely see why their long awaited arrival would excite people.

12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I don't play them or anything myself, but I've seen how poorly they were treated in Fantasy and now to see them get some love just really pleases me. It also gives hope that they may do the same for Dispossessed some point in the future.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

At least the Beastmen didn't get the ax like Bretonnia and Tomb Kings (although it pleases me greatly that Tomb Kings aren't really a part of AoS). You have to really feel for Bretonnian players, they waited for so long to get an update.

14. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

They did indeed, and I still think GW should have got rid of Empire instead of Bretonnians - the Empire State Trooper minis look horrible, much worse than any of the Bretonnian range despite everything in the Bretonnian range being considerably older.

At least Bretonnians do have one over Tomb Kings in that more non-GW manufacturers stock 28mm knights than 28mm Egyptian Undead - it’s pretty easy for an existing Bretonnian player to buy additional knights and peasants to add to their army, with everything but the Pegasus knights being done by multiple other companies (although Fireforge have now made their own Pegasus Knights anyway to try and plug that gap), whereas with Tomb Kings the only Egyptian Skeletons I can think of off the top of my head are those made by Mantic, which are nevertheless very nice models.

ChapterAquila92 and Captaniser like this.
  15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Empire does have the Steam Tank and Demigryph knights which are nice models.

That just makes my beloved Tomb Kings even more rare, special and valuable!

16. The Zekenator
    Skink

The Zekenator Member

WATCH OUT!!

BOTH, TEHENHAUIN AND OXYLOTL ARE FINECAST.

Thanks GW, this month I will safe money

Attached Files:

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  17. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Well got my two Lizardmen models ordered, also chucked in a Clawed Fiend for the free postage.
    Then they go say Beasts of Chaos is next week, yep that time of year. Hopefully the miniatures I am selling will help cover most of it.

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Exactly. That is the very reason why I didn't buy Settra a few weeks back.

19. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

meh, we'l make do :p

20. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Still thinking about it. Will probably get them both, just because they are there.