1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: magic and prayers in #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

So apparently sky dwarves are a thing now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bowser, Warden and Ritual like this.
  2. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

Thats true i have neen on to chaos big time lol and to a lesser extent stormcast

3. Zirilian of the Claw
    Saurus

Zirilian of the Claw Well-Known Member

I still prefer the Fyreslayers when it comes to my AoS dwarves, I'm not going to deny the cleverness and originality of these sky dwarves. It's different and a touch on the risky side (for those that prefer a more traditional dwarf). I say bravo GW. Personal experience, I've only heard favorable comments in my local area to this faction.

Edit: Additional note, these guys are going to be the dream of non-metallic painters everywhere.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    Bowser, Ritual and Jorgik like this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Talking about "slaughter"...

The new "Blades of Khorne" battletome is crazy.

there is a battallion that works around skull cannons. You can field up to 8 cannons, alongside with a Bloodthrone.
    In you hero phase, you can shoot with d3 cannons within 8" from the Throne.
    If you field all the 8 cannons, they can all shoot for free at the beginning of the game.

I saw a game vs Bonesplitterz... a 2000 pts list with 5 cannons, the Throne, a couple of bloodthirsters (fury and rage), a slaughterpriest and 3 battlelines that i don't remember, because the cannons and the daemons mop the floor with everything.

Bowser and Ritual like this.
  5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I remember when fielding 2 chaos cannons was considered cheesy and OP. :oldman::doctor:

6. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I would have liked them more if they had gone less steampunk and more piratey... :(

Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I couldn't agree more. A less technologically advanced pirate motif would have been much more to my liking. Then again, I don't play AoS so I'm not really their target audience. A lot of people seem to be excited about them but they are definitely not my cup of tea.

PhoenixTheCat, Warden and Bowser like this.
  8. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

IMG_2004.JPG IMG_2005.JPG IMG_2006.JPG IMG_2007.JPG IMG_2008.JPG
    The new dwarf dudes in warhammer world yesterday

Warden, Jorgik, InfamousBeany and 2 others like this.
  9. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

idk to me they look just like the old dwarfs so..
    d1.jpg d2.jpg d4.jpg

.they were already steampunk to begin with...

d3.jpg

Ritual, Warden and Bowser like this.
  10. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

I know two people so far doing this army for Tale of Gamers.
    Not sure if I should be mildly nervous or not, doing Nurgle. Well, from what I read on Nurgle, seems like they ignore rend and mortal wounds.
    At least the ships don't have a crazy save.

11. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

But dude those ships look massive wow

Warden, Ritual and Bowser like this.
  12. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

My small issue with the ships is why can the fly i see a armored ballon well what gas are they using...and dont tell me its magic..ill except plot armor but not magic lol

Ritual and Bowser like this.
  13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

In the case of the Gyrocopter/bomber I can see your point. I wasn't a big fan of that in 8th edition either for the same reason that I don't particularly like this release. However, if you look at the old army in general compared to this new there has definitely been a major shift in aesthetics and technological advancement.

That said, it is probably very fitting in the AoS universe and people seem to really like them. They may very well be a major success; but they are definitely not my style.

Bracnos, Ritual and Bowser like this.
  14. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

From day one of my warhammer experience gyrocopters, irondrakes/ironbreakers and flame cannons have been the bane of my existence! So these are very much the natural evolution of the stunties in my books. To each their on though. Aesthetically I think they're gorgeous. And I now know that this will be my Megaman themed models if I ever get around to it! I have a few variants drawn up for stormcast, and Sylvaneth are very much going to be LOZ based. All in all though I am loving the new designs.

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I think the aesthetic is very much a hit or miss scenario. They are a bold and different design choice. For the most part, people will fall into one of two camps, absolutely adore them or absolutely hate them. Admittedly, many people seem to love them, so it looks like it will pay off for GW.

That sounds promising. I do love that game series.

Warden, Ritual and Bowser like this.
  16. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

dang that ship is a huge model

Ritual, Jorgik and Bowser like this.
  17. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

My only question is how can such a little flying stand hold such model

Warden, NIGHTBRINGER and Bowser like this.
  18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

More precisely, how long can such a little flying stand hold such a model? (especially under gaming conditions)

Ritual, Warden, Bowser and 1 other person like this.
  19. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Kharadron Overlords are shipping their way, and I'll share with you some details.

But first, a little recap:

Warhammer Fest studio displays: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/09/warhammer-fest-studio-displays/

There will be some huuuuge stuff. And one of those can be build with plastic Citadel scenery:

[​IMG]

Shadow War: Armageddon rulebook will be available to pre-order next 22nd of April, including rules for Adepta Sororitas and Inquisition: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/09/shadow-war-armageddon-the-rules-available-soon/

New Thunderhawk! still resin, no plastic. [EVIL LAUGHTER]. FW is only updating the Thunderhawk: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/10/thunderhawk-inbound/

As already mentioned, this week Rumour Engine has many hooves: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/12/rumour-engine-april-12th-2017/

[​IMG]

Since the entry says "What in the realms/galaxy could this be?", this has to be a new Nurgle Beast. Some poeple had said that this is a resin Blood Bowl Nurgle Beast but It can't be. Not because the model is a white-grey it has to be resin, and so far none of the Rumour Engine entries have teased a non-Citadel model, not to mention that so many legs wouldn't fit on a 32mm base.

Something really exciting here: there will be a narrative even runned by the community for AoS that will affect the global narrative, and there seems to be a nod to a new Black Crusade campaign for 40K!: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/12/narrative-play-tell-your-own-stories/

And there it is, a look inside the Kharadron Overlords Battletome:

Please notice the Ironclad box. It is one of the biggest Citadel kits to date.

Sepulchral Guard, the third Warhammer Underworlds faction, and as we've seen, they are a bunch of cool looking skeletons. The kit will be fully compatible with Age of Sigmar, and like every Underworld kit, they will be clip-together models, so you don't need glue to play with them: https://www.warhammer-community.com...-underworlds-shadespire-new-faction-revealed/

Someone on Dakka Dakka said that they look a lot like Morbid Puppets from confrontation:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, note that the current Skeleton Warriors box is sold out online. so expect to see them with round bases sooner than later.

And please. SOMEBODY TELL THAT SCYTHE GUY TO PUT ON SOME PANTS on!!

Castellax-Achea Battle-automata, the a new FW automaton kit for Thousand Sons armies: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/14/iron-guardians-of-tizca-the-castellax-achea/

And the very first Forge World Blood Bowl Team, The Bright Crusaders: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/14/the-bright-crusaders/

And the shiny new dwafs on the block:

Check the whole article on Warhammer-Community: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/15/the-kharadron-overlords-are-here/

The Frigate costs £50, the Company £27.5, the Admiral £15, the Warscrolls Cards £10, and the Battletome £25 (english) or £20 (any other language).

Yes, the medium ship costs £50, as much as a Start Collecting! kit. And it uses a 12mm oval base. The Ironclad will be quite expensive, but honestly I was expecting something even more expensive for the Frigate, and considering the sheer size of them... I'm fine.

This is THE big release of the year, and just look at how many, many stuff covers the Battletome. Rules, guides, fluff, you name it.

Just look at the interview made to Jeremy Vetock: https://www.warhammer-community.com...manling-jeremy-vetock-on-kharadron-overlords/

Just look at the art. It is insane.

I really like the new faction, but I still don't feel them too fitting for AoS. I like the whole sky dwarf idea, is just the contrary to the traditional dwarf kingdom, and it ended up as a quite imaginative faction, honestly, not to mention that the aesthetics are quite great.

And, to finish, I don't know when, but there is an official guide to AoS factions: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Factions-Guide

Well, I-I am just overwhelmed. GW is truly achieving a new great era. I only hope to see my updated Seraphon Battletome before the end of this year, otherwise, I'm happy with them.

Until the next one!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    n810, Warden, Ritual and 3 others like this.
  20. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Now THAT is some awesome stuff. But I have a feeling it was incredibly expensive: my biggest reason for probably not buying the mini sets to begin with :(. Only way I could see myself doing it is buying the original hive-city kit and casting multiple copies (much cheaper).

Also I went and found a pic of what I wish the new dwarfs looked like, could be possible with some major conversions. Iron balls in the sky aren't doing it for me.
    what i wanted the new dwarfs to look like.jpg

Maybe without the big face underneath though.

Ritual and Bowser like this.