1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: magic and prayers in #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I think they are pretty awesome. Gives more conversion options between 40k and AoS. And the bloodbowl possibilities. Grappling hooks and big armour with capes, could make a sweet batman family or justice league stormcast army. Or Avengers if you're a marvel guy.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

At least they are not Lascannons.... yet :shifty:

3. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

Have you seen the new huge Boltthrowers they get? Might as well be Sigmarine Devestators with Lascannons.

Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

1365796568376.jpg

LOL... I stand corrected! :D

Bowser likes this.
  5. Zirilian of the Claw
    Saurus

Zirilian of the Claw Well-Known Member

I'm ok with them doing the Sigmarines. If adding some Blood Angels to keep popularity up which then gets more more interesting Lizards, Sylvaneth, Fyreslayers, and Elves I'm all for it.

Yeah, sometimes it looks silly or a pain, but the net results are still the same for someone like me. They keep upping the game for all their factions which is win for us all.

Bowser and Qupakoco like this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That's a fair point. A growing player base is definitely a net advantage for the AoS community.
    which is win for us all ...it is a win for the AoS subgroup of the wargaming community.

n810, Zirilian of the Claw and Bowser like this.
  7. Zirilian of the Claw
    Saurus

I'll agree with your edit, but only if you agree that it benefits hobby painters that just like the look of the fantasy models as well :)

NIGHTBRINGER and Bowser like this.
  8. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

You are not crazy....I Wonder how hard it would be to convert standard vanilla space marines (I have a few on sprues) into some Sigmarines.

Bowser likes this.
  9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Fair enough... greater consumer base = more models produced = net win for hobby painters who like the AoS aesthetic (and there are some great models that have been produced)

10. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

It may be, but the net worth of Stomcast I quickly outweightin every other faction, on top of the Sogmarines dominating th face and fill-in release schedule. They've gotten 3 Battletomes while other armies in need of ONE still languish in their post End Times state. It's frustrating.
    Easily. I've seen a few project blogs and topics on It elsewhere the It a pretty easy. Usually a head swap, adding a powerback, and then fitting arms. Surprisingly, or no so, space marine arms fit Stomcast very well.

11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Welcome to the world of the non Space Marine 40k armies!

Bowser likes this.
  12. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

I've played Tyranids for about seven years and have about a half year old Genecult army. Yeah, I don't like seeing AoS follow the road 40k is on.

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Back in the day, do you remember how long Dark Eldar had to wait to get a new book? It was over a decade.

Bowser and Carnikang like this.
  14. Zirilian of the Claw
    Saurus

i can't argue the fact that the Sigmarines are getting too much love, but there was that point in WFB that felt like every other release was an Orc Goblin release.

Perhaps it's a good with the bad scenario? Lower prices, better models but we have to deal with the "flagship" army getting continuous updates?

I'll be perfectly honest, I'm not pleased if that is the situation. One of the things that does annoy me with 40k is the constant Space Marine releases. I also won't hide my disappointment that we are missing out on finding out how elves will fit in. The only two we've gotten are for Silver Tower after all.

Bowser likes this.
  15. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Then they got an update not long after that many DE players lament greatly. Oh th tears.

But, I can take a few small stormcast releases, as long as other armies get some good love. Duardin and Aelves need is so bad.

Honestly, if they need filler releases, they should update old Battletomes to the current standard. Don't even do model releases, just update times, release cards and token sets.

Edit- Damn phone.

Zirilian of the Claw and Bowser like this.
  16. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Do the Sigmarines have power backs? o_O You seem to have it wackbards...

I was thinking of going from Stock 40K Spacemarine ==to==> Sigmarine.

Because I already have some SpaceMarines—thinking fielding Sigmarines without spending new $$$ to have them. Also, I would not do a head swap. Kinda the whole point is to not have those spikey Siggybaby heads.

Bowser likes this.
  17. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Most of the conversions from space marine to stormcast should be fairly simple. The ones with wings may be a bit more challenging.

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

They might as well have! :p

19. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

I'd like to try to get a box of this guys and try to clip the pistol's limbs and glue them back horizontally.

You could look out for bits on Amazon and eBay. Or from a local player who could give you his/her leftovers.

The Old Ones have blessed your mind with creativity, venerable skink priest.

Not at all. The first two SE Battletomes (the second one exclusively featured Dracoths and Stardrakes, so it was more of an expansion) are by now obsolete, considering how this new Battletome includes every previous unit, including the Lord-Veritant, who was a sudden release, the new models and features new abilities, artifacts and prayers (Lightning Strike is now a baseline ability for every Stormcast), Path to Glory rules and pitched battle profiles.

Better to update the older Battletomes now with instead letting them getting older and unfitting as more are released.

Of course, they also have to update the Seraphon Battletome this year.

Actually 40K is following the AoS road, as it looks that 40K will get Open Play rules in the next Edition.

Waiting for years to release and update has been the GW thing as a whole.

Truth be told, while the Stormcast Eternals are the poster boys and are almost everywhere on the lore, they are not getting that much love.

Between AoS launch and the 2017 Battletome, they only got 2 new sprues in the form of the Stardrakes and Dracoths, an exclusive Battletome for those two, and a recycled sprue for the Lord-Veritant.

They have lots of heroes and subassemblies, but they haven't overwhelmed the AoS releases yet.

Again, this is the first actual big Stormcast release, but yes, if they are going to update an older Battletome, they have to update them all.

I think that they could release an updated Battletome for a filler release too, but this can be a good sign:

While neither the Beastclaw Raiders or Bonesplitterz got new models on their releases, the Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch and now Stormcasts got new models. This could mean that we can expect to see new models when other smaller factions get their own releases.

Bowser and Zirilian of the Claw like this.
  20. Zirilian of the Claw
    Saurus

Perhaps it seems larger than it is due to the getting started paint sets, the small easy assemble 5 pack and what not.

To call myself out, my logic/dislike should also apply to those Khorne barbarian dudes.

Bowser likes this.