1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Combat phase in #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

I didn't think the Slaanesh stuff had been repackaged for AoS yet, and given the Exalted chariot's web-only status I just assumed they wouldn't have bothered until the range is updated properly. Could be wrong though, I've never really been a fan of Slaanesh (aside from the Diaz daemonettes, but those would get me in trouble with the wife!) and didn't pay it much attention over the past year.

Ritual and Jorgik like this.
  2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Whereas I read it from left to right: FYRESLAYERS WITH MAGMADROTH!!!!!!! - Mournfang army (OP) - "Who cares?"

Sorry mate but I just think Slaanesh is pretty bad - would much rather have seen a Kharadron Overlords SC box.

The Magmadroth has now been lowered to the same price as the Fyreslayers Start Collecting set (£50) over here in Britannia as part of the new releases, like the Lizardmen (sorry, Seraphon) Carnosaur is the same price as the Start Collecting set for them.

Link: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer?Nu=product.repositoryId&N=102295+2260972479&qty=12&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=cat440002a-flat

Urgh, the Eldar Start Collecting set seemed the worst deal of all in my eye - a poxy Farseer (Why do so many Eldar players have Farseers as their leaders? They're useless!), three Jetbikes and a tank. They could have at least put some Wraithguard in there. The Beastclaw one, on the other hand is pretty good - four Mournfangs and a Stonehorn would probably cost over £100 if you got them all separately, and as Mournfangs are devastating it's a very nice deal to have 4 in there rather than 2.

Ritual likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Looking at what is actually in the box sets, I think you're right. I was hoping for some new Slaanesh stuff... especially mortals. I'm not a big fan of the current daemonette sculpts. The other two box sets do seem more impressive. Based on the content in the boxes, the Ogre box is my favourite of the three.

Ritual likes this.
  4. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter, really. Every daemon so far has been repackaged without quadriteral bases. Daemonettes already got their repackages, but so far no SC! has quadriteral bases added. GW is clearly making those bases obsolote.

You might be missing two things:

1. Magmadroths are no longer available separately; order them will instead ship you a SC!.
    2. Mournfangs currently are on boxes of four. And is not like they had more than two plastic kits to add. Otherwise I'm sure there would be only 2, since so far every single SC! has had only the minimum number of sprues needed to make the minum size per unit.

I would've liked to get a kit of Guardians with the Eldar SC!, just because Dark Eldar one have a troop of Kabalite Warriors, other wise, is still a good deal.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    Ritual likes this.
  5. Fhanados
    Terradon

Hate to say it, but I agree with @Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl here. I think most of the excitement of a Slaanesh SC! box is alleviating people's fear that Slaanesh was being killed off and removed from the setting entirely. The composition of the box itself leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. I would have rather seen more Seekers and a normal chariot instead of Exalted, and/or the plastic Herald.

Totally missed that! Considering they were $120 for the Magmadroth alone before I wouldn't mind getting the 10 Berzerkers for an extra $20 instead of footing the full $100 for a box of them. Makes Fyreslayers a bit more of a palatable prospect for a new army.

EDIT: Prices in dollarydoos, not freedombucks.

Ritual and Freddy25 like this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Which is pretty much the conclusion I came to:

Ritual likes this.
  7. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

What do you mean you hate to agree with me? There's nothing wrong with agreeing with what I say... o_O

Aginor, Ritual and Freddy25 like this.
  8. Fhanados
    Terradon

Hahaha nothing wrong with what you said! I just mean that it's disappointing that the Slaanesh start collecting box is pretty unimpressive.

Sorry, must have skimmed your reply. I'm usually at work when I'm cruising forums and sometimes get rudely interrupted by the things I get paid to do.

NIGHTBRINGER, Ritual and Aginor like this.
  9. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Sorry, yes it is disappointing - I would rather have seen a Kharadron Overlords one myself :D

Ritual likes this.
  10. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Found this on the facebook AoS page that was posted in the comments, from the Path of Glory book
    20228543_10213749317396644_2827554996460020414_n.jpg

Possible chance of new scenery, the statues look like Kroot. I might pick up the book just to stare at this, fancy shields, lizard-like appearance.

Jorgik, n810, Captaniser and 3 others like this.
  11. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I am probably more excited about that book than I should...
    Must resist buying before reading reviews....

Ritual likes this.
  12. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Guys, I think you are missing the point; they are Start Collecting! for a reason.

That or it is a great conversion work. :D

Also, yesterday this was posted via AoS Facebook:

[​IMG]

Hopefully this means that there will be a new Warhammer Quest's Heroes bundle.

Some people are thinking that it could be a new Bonesplitterz, but I don't think it'll happen that soon.

little-myth and Ritual like this.
  13. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I imagine it should be new Bonesplitterz because they have hardly anything new and everything that has been released so far in Warhammer Quest also has a profile in AoS.

Ritual likes this.
  14. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Well, this week I'm finishing my moving, next week I'll start regular classes. I will try to update with everything I have left behind on the last few months, but today, I want to talk about the first glances of what we will get on the next General's Handbook so far:

1. Tons of battleplans and allegiance abilities, and the (AoS) introduction of Allies to matched play games. You will have a limit of points allowed to deploy units from designed factions alongside your main army. Gargants with Ironjawz, Skaven from different clans supported with other Skaven clans, Deathlords commanding your Flesh-eater Courts, etc.
    2. Death updates, which will include new allegiance abilities for Flesh-eater Courts, Nighthaunt and Soulblight armies, which will benefit a lot from allies. Also, the first mention of Massive Regiments; if you take a unit at full size, you will get a discount.
    3. New rules and changes for matched play games; with the new Rules of One, you now can't re-roll or modify the roll at the start of each battle round that determines who chooses the player that takes the first turn, and no artefact of power can be taken more than once in the same army; some rules got adjustments: just like rolls 1 are automatic fails, rolls of 6 now are automatic success. There are also new Battleline-if units, more details on some of the new Battleplans, and changes to point prices, and more details on.

And as a little note... Daemons of Slaanesh' SC! only comes with one large oval base... a bit of a let down...

That's all for now. I will see you soon!

Ritual and Crowsfoot like this.
  15. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

16. Nefertem
    Temple Guard

Nefertem Well-Known Member

Perhaps a squig?

Ritual likes this.
  17. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

18. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Or a new mount for Stormcasts!

19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Is this sarcasm or genuine excitement?

Jorgik, Captaniser and Ritual like this.
  20. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

I think it´s disdain and passive aggressiveness.