1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Combat phase in #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

They’ll probably launch a dedicated Warhammer TV painting video with meme-god Duncan for that - GW are good in that respect.

Also, the Psychic Awakening: Pariah supplement will feature Necrons:
    E3CDA212-46FA-42DA-923E-733981F8C987.png
    Illuminor Szeras is getting a Ghazghkull size model, and an awesome one at that!

To be honest I was expecting either the Silent King arriving back into the galaxy or Imotekh getting a larger model, given that he’s Necron Settra, but all the Necron characters are currently trapped in Finecast so any one of them getting a new model, especially one as grand as this, is great. Also I can see quantities of conversions coming out of this one (I myself can think of things to convert him into) so that’s also a bonus.

ChapterAquila92 and Captaniser like this.
  2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

ah damn, that's a shame of the ship parts, had hoped those would be part of somethign interesting.... but this is about the absolute least interesting option

3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

me too… :(

4. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

Also facinating to note, Black Library teased the Lion, SoB (40K) and SoB (AoS) months before adepticon.

[​IMG]

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Given that GW set the Silent King idea up in the article in the January White Dwarf article I was expecting them to deliver on that. However, given the model’s large size, it could be possible to convert an interpretation of Szarekh out of it, with unofficial rules to match.

ChapterAquila92 and Imrahil like this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I was under the impression that Duncan no longer worked for them.

7. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

Yeah he started his own channel on Youtube called 'Duncan Rhodes Painting Academy'. The videos have more or less the same quality as the GW tutorials and he also paints non - GW minis and uses other products and paints as well.

8. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

:( He will be missed. I’ve seen that new channel of his though and it does look good. One of his videos was about painting Star Wars Legion Imperials which was pretty fun to watch.

In that case they’ll probably get someone else to do it, but I imagine they will make such a video at some point, because you can be guaranteed that so many people will ask them questions about how they can paint that veil without it looking messed up that they’ll eventually go “Fine! Here’s a Warhammer TV video on how to paint it.”

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Even with an exceptional video tutorial that is a very tough paint job for most people to pull off. It's going to be Age of Sigmar's rendition of the "nailed it" memes.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  10. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

*Akhorne.

A have yet to see a game with Finecrap ogre models, at all. Not even narrative games include them.

I haven't seen nothing than magnetized mammoths and Mournfangs, and now Leadbelchers and some Tyrants.

Yet, I'm pretty sure the new Sons of Behemat will have special rules, and enough options to make them unique on the kits. Kinda like what happened in the last Tau Codex, having XV-8s as actual Commanders instead modified versions.

Also, remember Imperial Knights Codex. We are finally getting one on AoS.

Yes, e all like different looking models in our ranks, but given how the original Giant and these new Gargants already have tons of options in the sprues, and that once I heard from Pan-Pizza/Rebel Taxi "with limitation, comes creativity", I'm pretty sure this will be not a problem.

I'd be more worried about how to transport them, instead...

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  11. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

I can’t get past the man hands and mishapen feet that look terribly out of proportion.

Just A Skink and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  12. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Could it be what I think it is?

[​IMG]

We going down to the Underworlds, guys.

13. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Either a Stormcast Eternal with a snake banner or a Chaos space marine with a snake-themed backpack... Yes, yes it is.

14. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Gods that would be so typical of GW if it was, even though the design looks so obviously Lizardman.

ChapterAquila92 and Just A Skink like this.
  15. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

It does, and I so want it to be. Honestly, I'm just trying to "reverse jinx" us. ;)

16. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Could be Rainbow Warriors. I hear that space marine chapter is Aztec-themed.

17. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yeah, not making a bet there.
    Last time we saw lots of snakes and thought it was Lizards it was some Chaos warband...

18. Killer Angel
    Slann

All i know atm, is that i'm hyped for the revelations about the profiles for the incoming new admech stuff.

19. Killer Angel
    Slann

As predicted, the rules for Eltharion are the typical ones when GW wants to push new models… :meh:

20. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Wow, that's... wow. Yeah, he's tough. It hints that he might have some sort of FNP save, unless it's the "Spirit Armour" ability. Honestly, that ability makes me think "Scaly Skin" should have been similar to it, but that would have taken it away from GW's new shiny.