1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: magic and prayers in #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

Perhaps your dreams may come true after all?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/05/10/a-regal-returngw-homepage-post-3/

2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

3. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Captaniser and Killer Angel like this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Our time has come. All the universe will bow to its true King. Arise, my legions!

5. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

I can't wait to see which space marine captain that will kick his butt :D

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Please, don't let it be a primaris lieutenant...

Captaniser likes this.
  7. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Oh no, it will be a regular marine character that fights him in an "epic" 1v1 battle where Szarekh gets destroyed, and reanimated later, while the marine gets mortally wounded and has to undergo the super deadly and risky primaris process to survive, and then he will have a shiny new model.

I really hope that the Silent king brings some much needed Xenos reprentation to the game and brings marines down a few notches, but that is just a wild and unlikely dream.

8. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

That would be great, wouldn’t it? Given that Szeras is now a Carnifex-size model and was a relatively minor character, I’m hoping the Silent King will be a primarch-size model (of course that means I would never be able to have him because of the crazy price, but for the welfare of non-humanoid Xenos armies everywhere it would be great). Remember that when they pitted the new Ghazghkull against all manner of Imperium and Chaos crap he was able to beat everything short of Magnus the Red, even Gulliman, so there is hope

Captaniser likes this.
  9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Necrons are dead to me. :cool:

Imrahil likes this.
  10. Killer Angel
    Slann

We will rule the Galaxy, even if you don't like it. Even better, Nightbringer's shard will be forced to support our triumphs! :p

Edit: to be fair, i don't think necrons are dead to you… all the current 40k lore is dead to you, i believe. Am i right?

11. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

To be fair, everything 40k-oriented beyond 6th Edition is dead to me, I’m just interested to see a model of the Silent King so I can make up some 5th and 6th rules for him, because he’s an integral part of Necron lore that has up to now been unrepresented as a miniature

:D:D:D

He gave up 40K for two reasons:
    1. The biggest reason was the increased Space Marine obsession, which I can certainly understand, it has got increasingly annoying over the years
    2. He didn’t like the 5th Edition Necron makeover because they demoted the C’Tan from gods to demigods. Given that the C’Tan models aren’t much bigger than an Avatar of Khaine, it makes perfect sense that they did this (who would follow a midget god? An actual C’Tan god would be so much more awesome if it was properly sized as a Primarch or Titan-size model) but it’s his choice.

Personally I think Tomb Kings in space fits the model aesthetic so much more than 40K Terminators, as cool as Terminators are, so 5th Edition Necrons for the win :cool::cool:

NIGHTBRINGER and Captaniser like this.
  12. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Technically they are dead to everyone.

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Stupid Matt Ward and his stupid shards.

I only recognize this majestic Necron tome...
    71z7PSENnVL._AC_SY355_.jpg

There are no shards of the Nightbringer, only the Nightbringer... and the Necrons serve at his behest.

mrvjjbpi2p541.jpg

You are correct good sir. I had already migrated over to fantasy, but when Matt Ward's Necron codex was released, I knew I would never return to 40k. I'd sooner join AoS than 40k.

A sad and poorly constructed facsimile of what came before him. C'tan for life.

Imrahil, Tk'ya'pyk and Killer Angel like this.
  14. Killer Angel
    Slann

...and that alone tells a lot.

15. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

The Necrons do NOT serve.

They RULE!

[​IMG]

Independent Space Tomb Kings for life. If anything 3rd Edition Necrons have more in common with Vampire Counts and Legions of Nagash than Tomb Kings.

On the contrary, I think it’s the other way around.

The Nightbringer is really just a generic god of death and destruction (with a tiny miniature for what he’s supposed to be), pretty much 40K Nagash. Nothing fantastically exciting there.

Szarekh on the other hand is a flawed but believable character who does what he believes is right for his people, punishes himself when he realises his mistake, and sets out to make amends. I’d much rather have a properly-sized miniature for him to be honest.

Captaniser and Tk'ya'pyk like this.
  16. Killer Angel
    Slann

A long, long time ago...

WAR BEARS!!!

( Yeah, a juicy old world update)

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

They serve the Primaris... and you know it! :p
    That doesn't surprise me. It's the whole PT vs. OT thing all over again. :D
    The Nightbringer is epic, full stop, period!

Plus he sports the best name GW has created for a character (hence my forum name). I'd take the moniker Nightbringer over the forgetful name of Szarekh any day of the week. You are correct that he is the god of death (and consequently a true force to be reckoned with). However, that isn't the negative that you are presenting it to be. Under the C'tan, the Necrons were a unified and significant threat. Now splintered, the current Necrons are nothing more than D-list "villains" to get their shiny metal asses handed to them by the Primaris! (at least that amuses me... if I can't have it my way then I'll vengefully (and selfishly ;)) celebrate as the whole thing burns to the ground!).

Also, don't forget that he isn't the only C'tan. He is contrasted by the Deceiver, the Void Dragon and the Outsider. Each of those three are very different from him, and from each other. The Void Dragon is most intriguing.

That is simply a result of when the miniature was produced. Models weren't that big back in the day. It is cool looking model though, even if it is undersized by today's standards. Besides, he is a star god, the physical dimensions of his body have no bearing on his potency on the battlefield.

The C'tan are flawed as well. They were absolute superpowers but they turned and consumed one another. Now, with only four left, the question becomes do they unite or finish each other off? Can the once nearly invincible C'tan be brought down low (all because they essentially destroyed their empire)? Who will assume command of the unified force of the Necrons?

This is going to make a lot of people happy.

Imrahil likes this.
  18. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

If you apply that logic, then Tomb Kings would serve pretty much every Fantasy faction except for Beastmen and Bretonnia. Are you willing to accept that?

Hmm, I’ll give you that. I can certainly see echoes there - subtle but intelligent (Prequels and Szarekh) vs basic but bombastic (OT and Nightbringer) - so I imagine this is all just due to our individual preferences. For the record it was the change from servants of the C’Tan to space Tomb Kings that really attracted me to Necrons later on in my 40K collecting spree - Tyranids were my first army, which I started when Necrons were still in their 3rd Edition era - Necrons at that time just didn’t excite me personally, and it was mainly that change and the upping of the Egyptian aesthetic of the new minis that got me more interested.

I’m not saying that being god of death itself is negative, I’m just saying it’s a samey trope, especially when you have Nagash being the exact same thing in AoS.

But when Szarekh returns, he will unify the Necrons into that far more powerful threat. Any Phaerons who disagree with him will end up blown to smithereens or forced to serve him with mindshackle scarabs. Indeed he will pretty much do what Settra did when he first came to power and attacked and defeated all the other Tomb Kings, thereby promoting him to 40K Settra.

Besides, I’m pretty sure even in the 3rd Edition era there were stories of the Necrons having their backsides kicked by Space Marines. That’s just been the way of 40K ever since GW became obsessed with Space Marines. I can tell you now that Tyranids have had it far worse than Oldcrons or Newcrons. I just happen to play the editions where it wasn’t so bad and Necrons were in the upper tier thanks to the 5th Edition update.

19. Killer Angel
    Slann

Szarekh is kinda bland... that's why the Silent King is so much better and impressive!

20. Za'tek
    Skink

Za'tek Active Member

Lets hope they get nice rules for a change. They seemed rather bland until now.