1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Combat phase in #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Nazqua
    Carnasaur

Nazqua Well-Known Member

2. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

I do miss Boris...

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Luckily I don't have to accept that as you've simply presented a false equivalency. Necrons (and other 40k Xenos) are left in the shadows as GW almost exclusively pushes their Primaris line. The Tomb Kings did not share this same fate under 8th edition WFB. They received a new book and an absolutely fantastic line of new models. All 8th edition WFB armies were roughly in the same boat (with the exception of Skaven, Bretonnia and Beastmen). There is no Primaris equivalency in 8th edition fantasy, nobody got the lion's share of attention and love. Your newfangled Necrons are eternally cursed to squeak out a pathetic existence in the ever looming shadow of the Primaris. Now, TK in AoS is a completely different story... but that has absolutely zero bearing on me. Actually, the fact that the TK are discontinued in AoS only makes them that much more valuable and precious to me.

Sure the Tomb Kings book is a bit weaker, but that is down to them getting a book so early in the 8th edition cycle (2nd, after Orcs). They are still a viable army, but require a bit more skill to wield properly. Besides, I have my powerhouse WoC to fall back on should the need arise. I'm actually happy I have a good spread of power levels between my armies (WoC, LM, CD, TK).

This is a perfect example of how to lose a debate with a single poorly thought out idea. By claiming the Prequels to be subtle but intelligent and then linking them to your new Necrons you've completely destroyed your own argument.

Here is your "subtle but intelligent"...

download.jpg
    CaringIncompleteArchaeocete-size_restricted.gif

The prequels are anything but "subtle but intelligent". In fact, I wouldn't assign those descriptors to any of the SW trilogies. In any event, I'm not here to discuss the OT versus the PT with you on this thread. We've already been down that road many times before and history is not on your side. I merely mentioned the PT versus OT comment in my previous post to highlight that we always fall on the opposite side of things.

It's funny how you can say that and then in the very same breath you can exclaim that the new Necrons are Space Tomb Kings (and likening Szarekh to 40k Settra)! The TK themselves are based on a long existing trope. Either you're against the "samey trope" or not. I don't see any consistency here on your part.

When Szarekh returns he'll probably be a Primaris! :p And as for being a more powerful threat, probably not as much of a threat as a Necron army that was unified from the start under the rule of Star Gods.

It was starting to get bad, but absolutely nowhere near the level it is today. You didn't have a billion armies based on various SM factions.

If you want an account of a Space Marine - Nightbringer interaction, in the Black Library novel form, might I suggest...
    1692144._UY475_SS475_.jpg
    Or the new cover if you prefer...
    Capture.JPG

I can't argue with that. Although, as names go... Nightbringer > Silent King > Szarekh

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

i agree.
    As much as i think that The Silent King is an extremely evocative name, almost nothing can beat the Nightbringer… IMO one of the coolest names in all the lore of 40k and WHFB combined

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

40k 9th edition. :(

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

really? didn't they just finish updating 8th with awakening?

7. Killer Angel
    Slann

...and the awakening isn't even complete. :mad:

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Why is that bad? Is 8th really good?

9. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

From what I can gather it’s basically the same as what they did with AoS 2.0. A few relatively minor changes in the core rules and a shiny new logo and some “hype” but all the old codexes and everything are still valid and Psychic Awakening in particular was designed for it. They just had to panic us about the prospect of another set of rules and codexes to buy first...

Captaniser likes this.
  10. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I would say they’re going to finish off Psychic Awakening first, as they’ve still got three supplements to release. This new edition is still quite a long way off, they’re just announcing it now because they’ve got nothing better to do, and given that it was always on the cards, I’m not surprised that they decided to announce it now.

Also, new Necron Warriors and the Silent King’s getting a massive Command Barge!
    212D23E7-2BEE-4428-9C5D-5C61355142E4.png

75814794-7F0D-474F-B12F-35889F0593ED.png
    410EC1AD-A6C4-4D3D-96B1-EFC6C1E23FCA.png

And they said that this is the ‘tip of the Monolith’, meaning it’s likely that there’s going to be a pretty big Necron release, which is brilliant. Finally Xenos get the attention they deserve, and with all the talk of Necrons and 9th Edition I’m wondering if they’re actually going to be in the 9th Edition boxed game. That would be so good, finally a break from Imperium vs Chaos monotony.

That’s one of the big problems with 8th fixed for a while at least. Also in one of their videos they said they’re going to try and balance the scales so that smaller games will be more playable, which would be nice.

ChapterAquila92 and Captaniser like this.
  11. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

There is this picture that shows the necron part of the new starter set that will launch with 9th edition.
    [​IMG]

And then i found this blurry picture that shows some more of the new necrons.

[​IMG]

I am really facinated by the new, what i assume to be, C'tan with wings.

12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

Those are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you find those pics?

The only thing though is that there looks like a new Monolith in the smaller pic, I hope they’re not going to get rid of all the old stuff. But then the new stuff looks magnificent too, so I haven’t got too much to worry about.

GW have also teased a closer view of one of the new spider-Warriors based on the new Szeras. Nice to see the Necrons getting some Monstrous Infantry-size models at last.
    AC4EF947-84ED-418D-9BB5-CB16E4837880.png

13. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

My buddy sent them too me and he mostly find these leaks on /TG/ or reddit.

The new monolith will almost undoubtely replace the old one, the same with new warriors, and destoyers you can see in the smaller picture. The new spider warriors look facinating, their glaives just look very thick to me, but the models look nice over all.

14. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

I managed to find the second part of the starter set that will come with 9th edition, and to a great surprise it will be marines.

[​IMG]

So there are new bikes, assault intercessors, crusader dudes, various chaplain looking dudes and a guy who went to AoS and stole a lord relictors standard.

15. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Well, that was always going to be on the cards, but the fact that Xenos are going to feature in the boxed game (something that hasn’t happened in 5th Edition) has made it for me, especially with those wonderful new Necron miniatures. What’s more, I imagine GW will make smaller versions of the main box as they did for AoS and 8th Edition 40K, meaning it’ll be affordable for everyone to get their paws on some of the new Necrons.

Captaniser likes this.
  16. Killer Angel
    Slann

no more blurry pic!

insert evil laugh

Necrons.jpg

17. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

I have a feeling that it is GW themselves that create the leaks, because the article they posted today is way too self aware about the situation.

Also the models look incredible.

18. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I can certainly identify the model on the bottom left as a new Heavy Destroyer (with a Gauss Cannon that is so much less likely to snap ;)) and the Silent King on the top right (fantastic miniature, but most likely over £50 in price :(). The C’Tan in the picture looks like it will be Isha’Uddra the Endless Swarm as there are loads of Scarabs swirling round underneath him, although I can imagine him being one option of a massive C’Tan kit that also allows you to build the Deceiver, Nightbringer, Void Dragon or one of many others.

I love the two quadrupedal machines on the left and right, really War-of-the-Worlds-esque, and great to see the Necrons getting a decent-sized Monstrous Creature model.

Also, the two Necrons on either side of the levitating chap with the hood (to the right of the Heavy Destroyer) look like Flayed Ones due to the talons. Should we expect a Flayed Ones plastic kit?

I’m so blooming excited about this release, honestly. This is the first major Necron miniatures release since the 5th Edition update, and the first real Xenos release since the Genestealer Cult 8th Ed release, which is fantastic. I imagine this Xenos-love won’t last, but I look forward to basking in its glory while it lasts.

19. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

20. Captaniser
    Carnasaur