1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Battleshock GONE! and more! AoS 4

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

I think the only issue i have with the new dragon is that the head kind of looks like the head of the seraphon god...i hope thats not meant to be it

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I think he means that the GW site prompts you for your location ... for pricing purposes.

@pendrake you could always input an arbitrary location if you prefer.

3. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

First I saw the dragon's head and was like "wow, now that's a proper dragon!", but then I noticed the chest plate and other details... Ugh. But I'm reserving my judgment until I see proper pictures.

4. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

ya from the pic i saw i really don't like the angle of the wings..

5. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Add me to the list. I really like that head, but we haven't see the whole model. I'm don't see how taht chestplate works when its clearly not a charging cavalry but, heh, quite the best model taht Sigmarines got.

6. Essmir
    Chameleon Skink

Essmir Well-Known Member

My biggest problem is the atatchment of the limbs it's like dollar store action figures a ball outside of the body. Ugh. If sombody is intresserad I can explain it anatomicaly.

7. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

@Essmir please do always happy to hear others opinions

8. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

It looks like the other AoS big monsters (in my opinion) All static and supposed to be "imposing" but they actually loo like if they were going to break half way throughout the battle. And I don´t mean the model (which also looks fragile), but the actual beast looks like likely to collapse.

HeirofCarnage likes this.
  9. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

@Jorgik I don't understand were you getting that the new models look fragile. I was to a gw the other day and one of the players in the store sadly dropped her Archanon on the floor. Luckily for her the floor was carpet so there was no real damage...

10. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

I said it looks fragile, but never had any experience with it. But anyways, if she dropped archaon and nothing happened to it then I was wrong. ;)

11. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Lol that's why I asked...I think the whole store took a deep breath when she dropped it. There was quite a few people there and all of us took a set toward her as she picked it up to inspect it. So happy for her it was not damaged. The gw on this store did something I did not think would happen. He offered to replace any broken peace. Again that would have been a lot of cash gone..

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    HeirofCarnage, n810 and Freddy25 like this.
  12. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

I think that the cavalry are basically sigmarine varanguard, except even more broken, and they are the same price 20 GBP a piece. also you are not gonna need very many of them in your army, so the costing isn't that bad.

13. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

To me, dynamic poses is a double edged sword; miniatures just standing there look boring, but too much dynamics usually looks silly. Worst offenders to me are Wyrd miniatures and some Infinity miniatures. And again just in my opinion, GW errs a little bit to the static side, but I'm generally at least ok with their models.

14. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Yes, at last, "Orruk" reboxes the next week, and maybe also a Khorne release:

Finally, the new Sigmarine Dragons has been officially overpriced: $140 US, just 25 cheaper than Archaon. Yeah, Archaon is still a better model by far.

Lastly, 30 years of Speess Muhrines, and it seems that G-W will make an (maybe huge) event:

All credits to: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  15. Essmir
    Chameleon Skink

Essmir Well-Known Member

ok I am very late whit my ansver but as you ask I will ansver. the solder look very human it is hard to see under the armour but the way it is atathed and if it wold not slide away the sholder needs to be formed like the ones on a magmadroth (u know the slayer dragon)look at fig2. While I think It wold be more aprobriate to use a solder like a dinosaur and other straith hiped quadrupedal animals, see fig 1 for reference
    Sholder 1.jpg

I think they aimed for a lizard like solder fig3 an then just pushed in the front legs. Anoter thing I nothised was that the wings lacked a lot of the musulature for flight see fig4 red shoves were those musels shold be. shonlder 2.jpg
    But in the end of the day it's all just fantasy and all are free tho buy what they feel is most wisualy pleasing. For me is that the old plastic dragons and the old carnosaur because of there sleek design it looks cunning and wild and the stegosaur I don't know I just like it it looks both real and fantasy at the same time and and monstrus evil as Sotek.

//Essmir

HeirofCarnage, Bowser and Bracnos like this.
  16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

:p:p:p... overpriced indeed. I can't believe such a horrible sculpt (IMHO) goes for so much :greedy:.

How can it even be compared to the quality of a sculpt like this...
    11.JPG

HeirofCarnage, Essmir and Bracnos like this.
  17. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

140 us wow just no no if I use that unit I will be making my own, wow...should ha e been the same cost as some of our monsters 65 euros man. That's more than Skarbrand I cant believe it

18. MomoTheKiller
    Skink

MomoTheKiller Member

This drake from FW is not in "better quality". Bare in mind that GW models even these big ones are very detailed, I have a lot of FW models and it works like this - small model, epic detail lvl much more than GW (i.e. Dwarf command group or Goblin one) huge FW models (like Saurian)are less detailed than any huge GW model. Its easy to bring epic details on small resin models - check this guy http://sciborminiatures.com/.

n810 likes this.
  19. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Convert that to £ and at today's rate £99.26p I was close :)

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

You're equating "better quality" with "more detail" and I simply think that this is untrue. GW of late has been packing in as much detail as they possibly can, but that doesn't mean that these models are getting progressively better. In the end I don't believe that the level of detail determines the quality of the sculpt. The FW dragon I posted looks infinitely better in my opinion, while the Sigmarine dragon looks kind of derpy.